Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Big brother from Palm come sniffing around?
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Here it is in PDF
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    no it ain't!!!
    What Treo Ace article?
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    It was sent to Guantanamo.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'd bet a rep from PalmOne is calling Google right now or before the weekend is over and it is removed from there too.

But now that it was removed from TC I'm sure everyone is making a personal copy .

PalmOne's attempts to hold it back after the leaks may only help the information spread.
    someone is displeased
    I'll go sell my saved Treo Ace page on Ebay.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    too funny. i was thinking yesterday that a TreoCentral post was probably NOT how P1 wanted to introduce the next Treo after last years carefully orchestrated buzz campaign. oh well.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Odd indeed. Thanks Gfunk for the cached page. Good to know someone was able to grab it before it vanished.

Cheers!
    Maybe TreoCentral's posting will make it to the mainstream Press somehow. Maybe... just maybe PalmOne will be pressured to market the true specs and release date!?!

C|Net? TechTV? CNN? Anyone? :P
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    I'm not quite sure what to say. We may have something up later tonight explaining what happened. For those who are interested in what we had, I hear google still has it: http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...&hl=en&start=1
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Still no explanation?
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
    EXPLAIN!?!?!? You would think that they would want us to hype this thing. Exactly like what Handsoring did for the 600. They know we are all going to buy it. So just clue us in a little.....
    ..because it leaked just days prior to their planned announcement. In fact, as you may recall, Jeff was seen with one in his hands just two days after it found its way on this web site.

Ace, on the other hand, is three or more months out. If too much is known now, it will be old news by the time it hits the shelves. Better to have the feeding frenzy alive and well at FCS.
    Well, SPI was linking to TreoCentral, but now we've posted the details there for those who missed it. No fancy PhotoChop, but you get the idea...
    PhoneNews.com - Complete Wireless Industry Coverage
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    ...We may have something up later tonight explaining what happened...
    The lack of even a simple paragraph about this this long after the fact certainly calls into question the editorial "freedom" TreoCentral has.

Even a couple words on what justification PalmOne used to threaten TreoCentral would be sufficient - I can't think of any, frankly, that aren't totally covered by journalistic license (for example, NDA? I sure hope TreoCentral does NOT have an NDA with PalmOne (and if they do they should say so)! Copyright violation? No, that's covered as well).
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    I sure hope TreoCentral does NOT have an NDA with PalmOne (and if they do they should say so)!
    Some Non-Disclosure Agreements actually stipulate non-disclosure of the Non-Disclosure Agreement. Journalism is a pretty sketchy thing to begin with, but technology-based journalism is a farce.
    It isn't silly to think that TC has a relationship with P1. Perhaps a relationship that earns them certain demo units and other promotional packages. If you're the lead website on a specific unit and get said packages, would you risk losing your relationship with them?

Seems like the original article wasn't well thought out. If this weren't TC and some other website, I don't see it being an issue, thus being said, it IS TreoCentral and previously stated packages might be in jeopardy now. What's done is done...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast