Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by TAllenKCC
    miradu, yes, excellent article. I'd been reading about the ace for a month but could not find any details. glad i printed the article to PDF.

did anyone else notice sprint is now offering an additional $100 off the T6 with a new activation? the promo runs until 7/31/04. i'll take a wild guess and say that on 8/1/04 the price will be lowered by $100 and by 9/30/04(?) we'll see the Treo 6XX. just my hunch.
    where do you see an extra $100 off?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    I honestly believe the 320 x 320 Treo is still 1 to 2 years away.

The pictures I've seen are not even Photoshop quality.

The competition continues to dissapoint and come up with clueless products. The HP is too big, the MPx keyboard was designed by Saddam in his hole, the BenQ is a rarity.

SO it leaves Palm One alone. Mark my words, people will still be buying Treo 600's in July of 2005. No 610 no Ave no 660.

And about the lack of wifi in the fake announcements. Why not a wifi card like in all other devices?
    The Sprint price point for the 600 is now roughly where the 300 was last year when the 600 was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

Click on GFunk's link and you get this: Wed Dec 31, 1969 - 6:59 PM EST - By Michael Ducker. Click on the cached page and you get a blank one.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    and ugly version is cached here: http://miradu.blogspot.com
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss

The competition continues to dissapoint and come up with clueless products. The HP is too big, the MPx keyboard was designed by Saddam in his hole, the BenQ is a rarity.

SO it leaves Palm One alone. Mark my words, people will still be buying Treo 600's in July of 2005. No 610 no Ave no 660.
    You know the Sony P800/900 out sell the Treo (which is only available on Orange in G.B.) by at least 20 to 1. Most people have never heard of the Treo yet nearly all have heard of the Sony P900 and even more curiously Blackberry. I just do not understand the adulation that Blackberry has received here.

Palms failure to make the Treo available from all networks severely limits it's place in the market, most people are reluctant to change network and all that that involves.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I'm not quite sure what to say. We may have something up later tonight explaining what happened. For those who are interested in what we had, I hear google still has it: http://216.239.51.104/search?q=cache...&hl=en&start=1
    So what's the scoop? Why was the article pulled? More importantly, when is the device shipping?
    Okay, I read the back posts (I'm lazy) and saw what happened. Still to the other point, though - shipping when?

Dunc
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    Palms failure to make the Treo available from all networks severely limits it's place in the market, most people are reluctant to change network and all that that involves.

In the US they have all the carriers except Verizon and they are in testing mode with them. In Europe they have Orange, Canada they have AT&T/Rogers.

What failure are you talking about??
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex
    In the US they have all the carriers except Verizon and they are in testing mode with them. In Europe they have Orange, Canada they have AT&T/Rogers.

I was wondering the same thing.
    Failure to make the Treo 600 widely available accross all carriers in Europe. In G.B. for example this phone is not available via Vodaphone, O2 or T-Mobile. So to put it bluntly the vast majority of mobile phone user in G.B. are not offered the choice of this phone unless they change carriers and even then very few Orange dealers stock the Treo. Frankly distribution of this phone here is a joke.

That's a failure by any sensible measure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    In addition, you can just buy an unlocked Quad-band GSM Treo600 and it should work on any network over there!

PalmOne's real problem is a lack adequate supply to meet demand and marketing to educate people about the device. The wireless carrier relationships have acutally been its strong suits...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTex

You've probably highlighted the exact problem P1 will have to deal with: the mobile phone market outside the US (the "Rest of the World" ) is at least one order of magnitude bigger than the US market. P1 doesn't understand the dynamics of this market, it is as simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    In addition, you can just buy an unlocked Quad-band GSM Treo600 and it should work on any network over there!

PalmOne's real problem is a lack adequate supply to meet demand and marketing to educate people about the device. The wireless carrier relationships have acutally been its strong suits...
    Many people here in Europe these days will buy a phone from their current operator as an upgrade with a huge discount. There are only very few people that will shell out 700 to 800 dollars (at least) for a new phone. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $situation$ $is$ $pretty$ $much$ $the$ $same$ $in$ $Asia$.

The wireless carrier relationships in Europe and Asia are virtually non-existent.
    What are these Sony phones you are talking about. Never heard of the honestly. I will be looking them up. The Blackberry/Blueberry deals are great for email/calander and thats it. Everyone was switching to one device to the Blueberry and loads of them have turned switched back to a phone and Blueberry while I am quietly laughing enjoying my Treo - too bad no support for Goodlink. Come on I need wireless syncing of calander /contacts/email.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234