Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    I have researched this on the boards for a few hours now (dont tell my boss) and I have installed qset to improve the compression quality, which it does. I also found Pickem and its patch. It really was not stable enough for me so I removed it. For the simple pictures I take, now and then, all I would like is to be able to zoom. Since Pickem (and its patch) allowed for that ability, could someone create an app that did just that, or possibly add it to qset?
    If it makes any difference, I am using a GSM on Cingular.

Anyone? Anyone?
    Darlene

Save a life, spay or neuter your pet.
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    bump
    Darlene

have you tryed camerates? thats what i use althought there are other settings you can change the only one worth doing is the digital zoom because all the others send the camera all different colours
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Global Posts
    215 Global Posts
    can you send me a link? I wasnt able to find anything with google.
    Darlene

i do not have the link but i have got the file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Prankstar, thanks for the file. Was there any type of information about the settings on this program?
    yea there is only one setting worth chnaging and that is the digital zoom you have just got to change it top 001 and you will have a zoom in the normal camera app all the other settings are bad becuase they turn the pics yellow and orange which is quite cool but if you cant remeber the previous setting your camera has had it not even a hard reset will change it back

Prankstar,

I tried changing the digital zoom setting to 001 as you mentioned, but the app will only let me set it to 0001. Should there now be a zoom button in the regular camera app?
    yes thats it thier the same really

OK. I have heard alot of people say cameratest didn't really fix anything. I am one person that knows this isn't true at all. Cameratest came out right after I received my first replacement Treo. The camera on this Treo was way worse than the one on my first Treo. I couldn't take a pic in any situation without getting a ton of blue dots. I changed the two settings that the original poster reported and then I had great pics. Even better than the first camera. I actually never got blue dots again. I now have my second replacement Treo and it has the same blue dot issue again. Since the thread was lost I have know way to go back and find those settings. If anyone can help I would greatly appreaciate it. Without those changes my camera is pretty much useless.
    I just bought my treo 600 a few days ago. The worst thing is the quality of the pictures compared to standard nokia phones.
    Gain control is very bad. Is there any alternative camera app out there?
    There is 'pickem', but that only helps remove the blue dots.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Prankstar, thanks for the file. Was there any type of information about the settings on this program?
    From the time cameratest came out, about the only thing that was said about it was "use at your own risk." It wasnt all that stable back then and I havent heard any rave reviews about it thus far. Many people who've tried it mainly said it didnt do anything for them.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    i only use it for the zoom

I heard there is a latest patch release to Pickem available by today - has anyone heard anything and knows where to get it.

Thanks,
    Bump
    If the question being asked is where to get the patched Pickem, which will let you zoom, you can find it at http://mytreo.net
    Zoom would be great... I just wish I could get it to snap a decent picture.

Have you had luck with that?
    If you have any ideas on how to make the camera work better, please let me/us know. Mine takes pictures that are so bad, they really are not worth looking at. In fact, unless you know what the picture is supposed to be, you would have no idea what it is...!
    there are loads of tips on this site search the forums i have taken so excellent pictures with my camera you have just got to know hot to use it

I don’t have miraculous tricks or tips, unfortunately. A good start is to use QSet, set at 90.

I don’t use CameraTest – even though it sounds like it’s got some cool features. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=cameratest

Here’s a good TreoCentral thread on using the camera that has a link to a web site with some good tips: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=good+pictures

Another decent thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ht=camera+test

My own personal advice is... it’s all about light, and trial and error (trial and error meaning take a zillion pictures, because they’re free, and you never know when you’ll get a good one!). Bright light is they key, generally outdoor on a medium to bright day is best. Backlighting is a killer, and dull indoor light is a killer. Pointing at a light source is dicey, but it works okay in sunset kinds of situations.

Some of it is timing as well – in perfect light things are okay, but in mediocre lighting the camera works to adjust, and this is where you get the killer blue dots sometimes. When you first switch to the camera application it starts dark, then lightens up, then sometimes over-lightens – taking the picture at the right time during the “lightening” phase is the best bet for indoor pics.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast