1.    #1  
    Is there anyway to have remote access to the files on my computer via a wireless connection. I have Mergic VPN up and running and am on the network. My desktop is running Windows 2000.

Danny Deger
    may be you want to try PalmVNC to remote control your PC, and you can access your files?
    If you want direct file access from your Treo and run IIS 5.0, then you can create a virtual directory on IIS. Depending on how your network is setup, map webdav protocols to your desktop on your router and use the Treos web browser to navigate to your files.

Dave
    Another option is ftp server on your Windows system and a ftp client on the Treo. Yet another option is WiFile, which provides the ability to access Window's shares.
    isn't wifile the commercial version of smbmate?? I still use the last version that was freeware and it works well. not much discussion about it here on tc though. still don't know which "mode" is the fastest over vision, but definitely works, you can access any file in a shared folder on your desktop.
    -- berto
    Quote Originally Posted by bertopl
    isn't wifile the commercial version of smbmate?? I still use the last version that was freeware and it works well. not much discussion about it here on tc though. still don't know which "mode" is the fastest over vision, but definitely works, you can access any file in a shared folder on your desktop.
    I believe you're right about smbmate and wifile, but I haven't used either of them personally.
  7.    #7  
    Do you know where I can get smbmate? Can you e-mail a copy to junk1.deger@earthlink.net?

Danny Deger