1.    #1  
    so yeah last night i did the "ROW" international version upgrade...and well today they finally launched the rogers one...

my question is..can i flash my phone with the 3.05 ROGERS version?

thanks
    Kris
    I did the Rogers specific update but my phone info says "Treo600-1.12-ROW" also firmware 3.05
  3.    #3  
    yeah mine says "Treo600-1.12-ROW"
    Probably no point, my Rogers phone also says FW 3.05, Treo600-1.12-ROW.

MIke
    Can you guys tell me about your experiences doing the Rogers update? There is a link to the download on their site...but absolutely no instructions on applying it. Stupid Rogers...

Also, nice of Palm to e-mail when the update became available...guess I signed up for nothing...sigh.
    after the reset, my 600 went into a reboot loop, had to start it in safe mode and run the ROW 1.12 update manually. Everything installe updated,,, etc.... I tried do do it again just in case but after several 2nd attempts I couldn't get the ROW 1.12 icon to install. Filez could see it but it would not show up under "All". I did move it to palm/launcher on my SD card and it did show up, but after starting app, it said cannot update....

... I do have Treo600-1.12-ROW under my phone info also.
    Did you do it this way?

1) Hard reset to erase everything
    2) set up new account like temp
    3) run updater and update under temp account
    4) reset again
    5) synch with old account to restore apps etc...

I think this is the way that is recomended...but I am wondering if I am 100% accurate and if this method is causing any problems on the Rogers phones.
    nope, just tried to run the update, will try that though, makes sense, would make more sense if Rogers would suggest this method...
    performed a clean install with treo-mike's procedure specefied above....
    thx...
    Did it work well for you? You are my guinea pig now! ;-)

I agree with your Rogers point. What kind of ***** company would offer an update that can potentially screw up your phone and render it unusable...and not provide even 1 line of instructions on how to install the update.
    I tried initially to just run it as the current user, eventually did a hard reset and installed with new user "install" (had the looping thing as well). There was some details on mytreo.net on the procedure, I think it's safer to do the hard reset as there is no 3rd party software to screw things up. I have it up and running now, all is well.

Mike
  12.    #12  
    i used the instructions on palmone's website

no problems at all
    only difference so far is the wake up button is delayed.... (takes a second for the screen to fire up after I press the wake up button)...
    ...oh and when you try to send a picture from the camera list of files it reboots
  15.    #15  
    wow
  16.    #16  
    one thing i have noticed since ive gone from 3.04 to 3.05 however...is when i lose my signal...and it comes back...it gets a full signal, but it will not establish a GPRS signal...

3.04, no problem with that whatsoever
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Can you guys tell me about your experiences doing the Rogers update? There is a link to the download on their site...but absolutely no instructions on applying it. Stupid Rogers...

Also, nice of Palm to e-mail when the update became available...guess I signed up for nothing...sigh.
    yah i signed up too. they are gonna use our email to spam us someday i think :P
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    Did it work well for you? You are my guinea pig now! ;-)

I agree with your Rogers point. What kind of ***** company would offer an update that can potentially screw up your phone and render it unusable...and not provide even 1 line of instructions on how to install the update.
    the reason why there were no instructions on rogers website is because when you double click on the install file, it gives you a set of instructions right there.

On top of that, the palmone website has all the instructions you need. It even addresses potential problems like the looping reset problem. We all should learn to RTFM
    and in the case of this updater, RTFW where W stands for "website"

here's the link:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...blem=obj(2746)

And here is the solution to the loop problem:
    http://205.141.210.170/SRVS/CGI-BIN/....tem,CASE=4430

enjoy
    Anyone tried the unlock patch on the Rogers update yet?