1.    #1  
    Thanks to Sean Egan for a great patch - Yahoo now works fine with Chatter again! Only about 24 hours between Yahoo intentionally breaking 3rd party clients, and 3rd party clients fighting back!
    Jeremy Howard
    www.fastmail.fm
    Who is Sean Egan? Does he work with Marc??
    Verichat works as well now.
    Do we need to download a new version?
    Sean Egan is the guy who ported the Trillian patch to gaim and jabber. A great example of Open Source Software at work

Chatter should not need a new version... it should 'just work'. Verichat is another story... which I don't know because I don't use it.

P.S. Hi jeremy
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Sean Egan is the guy who ported the Trillian patch to gaim and jabber. A great example of Open Source Software at work

Chatter should not need a new version... it should 'just work'. Verichat is another story... which I don't know because I don't use it.

P.S. Hi jeremy
    VeriChat works "automaticlly" too without the need to update new software since the fix was presumably at the server.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo_fanatic
    VeriChat works "automaticlly" too without the need to update new software since the fix was presumably at the server.
    Nice
    Hate to ask a newbie question, but what is the latest Chatter version out ?
    BUTTERCUP
    If you want the IM version of Chatter go to www.IMChatter.com and you will find it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    A great example of Open Source Software at work

Now imagine if marc open-sourced the chatter client. Multiple developers would be able to enhance the code, fix bugs, and add new features.

Marc would still make money on the server subscription - probably more than today, with a more robust client. I wouldn't be suprised if he did better in voluntary donations than the current client license fee.

Chatter could be the dominant messaging app on the treo. It is definitely not going to get there when the current version is over six-months old and most users are using a beta from Feb.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    Actually there are new beta versions coming out about twice a week right now. You just have to know where to look to get them. Ask Marc about getting the latest "test versions". He is one of the hardest working developers and actually listens to suggestions about his products and does implement them.

Keith