Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Today I tried to hotsync to my laptopfor the first time in couple of months. Using the usb cable, I installed pdanet. After that install it would not hotsync at all. Thought it was the laptop.
    Tonite at home on my pc I got no hotsync either. Is pdanet causing this? I removed it from the phone, it's not on the pc at all but still no hotsync. Tried a hardreset, still nothing. Using my normal pc charge cable not the usb one with the laptop, still no hotsync.
    Anyone have any ideas? Spose it's the port on the treo. It still charges offf both cables but flat refuses to hotsync. Yes I have rebooted pc and laptop.
    Help?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    What happens when you try to hotsync?
  3.    #3  
    nothing, treo times out and nothing happens on pc or laptop
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Are you using the same hot sync cable for both pc & lap? If so try a different cable. This could be the solution.
    This also just started happening to me. I changed nothing about my cable or anything all of a sudden no hotsync. However, I did try out that webcam program for a while. Its still on my PC and I wonder if that is causing the conflict since pushing the hotsync button in what activated it. Any thoughts?
    also had a problem last weekend. Check the method it is using to cync. Mine somehow was changed from usb to serial port. Soon as I changed it back to usb it was fine.
    I had this problem after installing two programs that allow you to use your PC to enter data in the T600. One was HandShare and the other was PdaMirror. I uninstalled the PC softwareand was able to hotsync again.

...David
    I had the same problem. I didnt hotsync for a few weeks and I went to hotsync after downloading a few programs. I press the button and nothing. The treo sits there waiting to connect to my laptop but nothing. I had a hard time figuring out what was wrong. I looked at the things I installed and PDAMirror happened to be one of them and it also happens to be in beta and I finally figured out the it was stopping me from getting control over the USB for hotsync. If you have programs that control the usb drivers than most likely its because of that. PdaNet I dont think will cause problems but try closing it and close whatever other program that might be trying to use the USB ports as well. Thats a good start and probably the solution
  9.    #9  
    I have none of these installed and have tried 2 different cables on two different machines. Will keep trying. Hard reset has had no effect.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    fixed mine by right clicking on the hotsync icon in the systray and re-selecting "local usb". back to normal.
  11.    #11  
    decided to try a reinstall of desktop and hotsync...we'll see.
    — Ed Howdershelt
  12.    #12  
    reinstalled desktop and hotsync mng. nothing. Went into system and found the usb root hub for the treo on my pc and uninstalled it. reinstalled it. still no change. Does this sound like a problem with my phone to anyone besides me?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Try this:

Create a new connection (Hotsync->Options->Connection Setup->New...). Call it USB (Call it whatever you want). Connect to: PC, Via: Cable/Cradle. Select that connection when doing a hotsync. Not ideal, but it worked for me. I hope it works for you.
  14.    #14  
    and where am I doing this at?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Mines works when it feels like it. So I never know if it is going to do it's circle thing and hotsync or not. Fortunately, I don't hotsync often, just when downloading programs. I use Backupman to keep things backed up on the SD card.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    and where am I doing this at?

On the Treo, in applications, select HotSync...
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by guessed
    On the Treo, in applications, select HotSync...
    ok did that. I am assuming the highlitghted one is the one it uses when i hot sync. That didnt work

ok I got it selected on the hotsync screen. same result. No worky. Looks likea trip to Best Buy is in order.
    — Ed Howdershelt

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekyMom

I am not trying to install I am trying to hotsync. The idea is that the appts I have put in agendus on my phone will sync up with Agendus on my pc and vise versa so I can keep my schedule straight. I Dont care to have a halfass functioning treo. I want it to work.
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    I am not trying to install I am trying to hotsync. The idea is that the appts I have put in agendus on my phone will sync up with Agendus on my pc and vise versa so I can keep my schedule straight. I Dont care to have a halfass functioning treo. I want it to work.
    Well can't help ya there, obviously.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast