1.    #1  
    I download the program on to my laptop.
    Then I plug the SD card into the reader slot and copy it over.
    Then I put in the phone..

I bring up snapper mail and click new mail, then click attachment, then select the sd card, go to the file name and tapon the name only(do not check the box next to it) It then opens up another menu to copy, move, etc..

Simply select "move" and then select "Handheld" at the top of the folder listing.

Bada bing.... DOne and installed without hotsync

copy the prc file to an SD card plugged int
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    I download the program on to my laptop.
    Then I plug the SD card into the reader slot and copy it over.
    Then I put in the phone..

I bring up snapper mail and click new mail, then click attachment, then select the sd card, go to the file name and tapon the name only(do not check the box next to it) It then opens up another menu to copy, move, etc..

Simply select "move" and then select "Handheld" at the top of the folder listing.

Bada bing.... DOne and installed without hotsync

copy the prc file to an SD card plugged int
    you can also use any file browser (filez is free) and copy to ram. I think it saves a couple of steps.
    I just download a program to my Treo using Blazer (or if I want to store it on the SD card first, I use WebPro). If it's a .prc, it installs directly, if it's a .zip file it goes into HandZipper, and is unzipped/installed by HandZipper. No hotsync or other software needed. Yesterday, I downloaded and installed the free Mapopolis text-to-speech program (a download of nearly 3.5mb).
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad