Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry. I didn't want to have to do this, but you made me:
    http://www.hipnetic.com/geek/treo_new2.gif

The one middle bottom is a spitting image of the new Motorola:

-- http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5093,2.html
    Anyone heard any info on whether Orange are going to pick it up?

It could be very good timing as my 12 month orange contract will finish oct 04 and I'd upgrade for BT, 320x320 + better camera.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeldomVisitor
    The one middle bottom is a spitting image of the new Motorola:

-- http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5093,2.html
    Looks like Motorola finally copied the Nokia 6800 which has only been out for 18 months.
    Looks like the new Moto-A630....
    Global Posts
    805 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aarons12
    anybody have thoughts on whether they think that will include the ability to interact with the prius system?
    For most automobile Bluetooth phone systems, the car is looking for a phone that supports support a Handsfree Bluetooth profile.

As soon as someone confirms that the Treo Ace supports the "Handsfree" profile, then we'll know if it works with automotive BT systems. BMW and Acura I know require this specific profile to work -- I would imagine Toyota's is not much different since they typically share the same OEM sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsmith2
    I don't know if anyone has already asked this but shouldn't the Ace already have an FCC filing if it is coming out in Sep?

Companies can keep their FCC filings hidden until the product release. Didn't you read that part in the Treocentral article...er....oh yeah I forgot!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by dtrain13
    Well there is certainly time for P1 to take some notes off this board and try to give us an Ace/610/whatever with what is reallly wanted/needed. I for one would be sorry to see the menu button go. I got used to it and used it alot more than I thought I did,although dedicated answer/end buttons would be useful.
    Who said the menu button is gone? Checkout the larger image on sprintpcsinfo:

http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536

It appears they may have moved it above the hard keys which is actually an improvement imo...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    if the treo ace had 64 mbs, id HAVE to upgrade.

with only 32mb, id be less tempted and would probably stay with the t600.

64mb sends it over the top as a near perfect device. wifi would be the clincher, but the memory issue would be enough to sway me.
    You guys keep forgeting that if the Ace does indeed have the rumored auto-backup capability, then the Treo Ace would technically have at minimun 64 MB of RAM!!! I would imagine some ingenius devs aroud here would be able to access the NAND flash for storage don't you think?

oh now that's sweet. I didn't know about this feature in the ace. well than that would take care of me then. gfunk, what kind of upgrade policy do you think will be offered? this is going to be tough holding off from the ace!
    Aside from the hardware-related speculation, I am wondering which PIM apps palmOne are gonna include in the ACE? I hope they go with the "upgraded" ones that made their latest appearance on the Zire 72. We need more fields for phone numbers and addresses!
    The latest American Airline inflight magazine (American Way is the name) has a PalmOne full page ad for the Treo 600 and lists Verizon as one of the cell service providers that the Treo works with. The ad has the logo of each of the companies not just their names so it has to be used with permission. And by the way, it shows the current Treo 600 not anything else so my assumption is the Verizon service will offer the Treo 600 we all know and love as an option soon.
    I like some of the listed features of the Ace, like the BT and 320x320 screen.

However, I can't upgrade until April of next year because of my 1 year commitment to Sprint with the 600. (Sure glad spent the extra $50 vs getting a 2 year commitment).

I need to go with another service with better coverage where I live. Though I definately liked the national plan with Sprint, which made this the first vacation I could make calls without considering the roaming charges.

Unfortunately, except for coverage area, I haven't seen anyone with as good a plan as Sprint. Only $15 extra for internet (which came in handy on the trip), and higher throughput over GSM carriers. If an ATT/Cingular or Tmobile could have a plan competitive pricewise with Sprint, and at least competitive speeds with Sprint, I would definately change next spring.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Who said the menu button is gone? Checkout the larger image on sprintpcsinfo:

http://sprintpcsinfo.com/modules.php...rticle&sid=536

It appears they may have moved it above the hard keys which is actually an improvement imo...
    I have to agree about the placement. I think I need glasses,either that I need to change my desktop resolution!
    I love GSM voice quality so I won't be changing providers...but I really hope ACE has EDGE, BT and 320 x320. That would satisfy me. One touch voice memo and scroll wheel are too much to hope for I guess.

And for the poster that wants an OLED...that will probably be in 2 years, unfortunately...
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    Anyone heard any info on whether Orange are going to pick it up?
    I remember reading somewhere that Orange were happy with the treo because users had increased data usage, so I think we can be hopeful that they will. Hopefully they'll be in from the beginning again too.

It could be very good timing as my 12 month orange contract will finish oct 04 and I'd upgrade for BT, 320x320 + better camera.
    Yeah to all of that, but with the Orange UK UMTS (WCDMA) network going live this month what I really, really want is my UMTS treo! My contract's up in October too and I hope the choice isn't treo vs 3G. That could be tough (but in a fun kind of way )
    A friend of mine is on 3 and the video phone feature is cool - lets him to say goodnight to his kids, but coverage of full 3G services is still patchy, range of phones limited, and battery life sh*t. So at the moment ACE/2G ok as for web browsing I have wifi/DSL for my laptop at home. My guess is getting palmone will consider it premature to get 3G into the next round of Treos but I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this!

I don't know about EDGE - it might get squeezed between 2G and 3G.
    My current Treo 600 is having the stupid random hard reset problem where all data is lost and I need to re-sync it to get it all back. Been happening a lot lately. I have the insurance too so I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ace.

I haven't read through all 9 pages, but in short, is this unit out yet? If not when?
    Quote Originally Posted by oggle
    My current Treo 600 is having the stupid random hard reset problem where all data is lost and I need to re-sync it to get it all back. Been happening a lot lately. I have the insurance too so I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ace.

I haven't read through all 9 pages, but in short, is this unit out yet? If not when?
    Not out, not even announced, justed leaked. Expected Q4 this year.
    A friend of mine is on 3 and the video phone feature is cool - lets him to say goodnight to his kids, but coverage of full 3G services is still patchy, range of phones limited, and battery life sh*t. So at the moment ACE/2G ok as for web browsing I have wifi/DSL for my laptop at home. My guess is getting palmone will consider it premature to get 3G into the next round of Treos but I'd be happy to be proved wrong on this!

I don't know about EDGE - it might get squeezed between 2G and 3G.
    I'd pay good money (I'm sure i'd have to) for a phone with the promised 3G data transfer rates and decent email and web browser apps. It would have to last all day on a charge though, and I guess you're right that battery life might be the deal breaker here. I'd even be willing, if reluctant, to go back to two devices (phone and PDA) in this scenario. That might help the battery life issue a bit (two batteries!).
    Quote Originally Posted by palmos67
    Wow this is the Treo I have been waiting for. I currently have Verizon and am looking foward to canceling early to get this Treo on Sprint. Does anyone know if you're blacklisted from a carrier or if cancelation will affect your credit score? Thanks
    They do keep records, but as long as you don't owe them money you're in the clear. They can't report you as a "bad debt" just for cancelling. I've jumped carriers a couple times, paid the contract buyout fee and been just fine. Just make sure you pay the bill.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast