Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Whether the Treo Ace is real or not, I'd like to see the next Treo be a little wider actually so that it can have a more spaced out keyboard.
    Also want OLED 320x320 or 320x480 screen. It draws half the power and is extremely thin so other things could be crammed in, like WiFi.
    I would like the top of the keys to be slightly convex to facilitate those of us with big hands. I have to use my finger nails to prevent pressing multiple keys simultaneously and find that I often slip off the keys becuase they are slightly rounded.
    I hope they address the SD card slot. I hate my filed down card it looks terrible. I'm even willing to replace my card with a new one, if it will fit better in the ACE.
    Of course if the Treo Ace had more internal space, you could make use of that and maybe not need to keep an SD card in all the time .
    where'd you get the picture of the Treo Ace?
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Well there is certainly time for P1 to take some notes off this board and try to give us an Ace/610/whatever with what is reallly wanted/needed. I for one would be sorry to see the menu button go. I got used to it and used it alot more than I thought I did,although dedicated answer/end buttons would be useful. That and 320x320, BT, better camera with zoom, 64 mem(I think I would need more than 32mb.) would make it worth a $399 upgrade price.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    I was surfing around some other sites tonight and I noticed that Samsung I500 owners are pretty much having the same discussions/arguments about an newer model as we are!! Such a small world!!
    if the treo ace had 64 mbs, id HAVE to upgrade.

with only 32mb, id be less tempted and would probably stay with the t600.

64mb sends it over the top as a near perfect device. wifi would be the clincher, but the memory issue would be enough to sway me.
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    where'd you get the picture of the Treo Ace?
    tDot, I have a small one in my Avatar, as you can see. I swiped this from the original Treocentral article that was infamously pulled from the site. I still have the original article, which I captured out of Google before the cache expired. Let me know if you want a pointer to it.
    I don't know what you guys are thinking but the XDAII is already a 128mb. I hope to see that on the ACE or more. To tell you the truth, I kind of like the MDAIII look. Make the treo screen larger and the keyboard sliding in and out.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I stand corrected. I knew about the better screen part, but forgot about the "slight smaller in size" part.

That gives me some concern, as the screen is already tiny. I love the 320x320 screens, though. Good thing I am near-sighted.
    Alright so I'm late on commenting on this but I always wondered when we're talking screen size, what that really means? The Treo 600 has a large blank space on the right side of the screen where no pixels light up. So if the Treo ACE doesn't posses this blank space is the usable screen size going to be smaller or about the same?

Just a thought.
    I like the main stats of the Treo Ace (320x320 screen, Bluetooth, 1.2mp camera, faster 312Mhz CPU, video capture) if they are true.

However, 32mb of RAM is not enough IMHO. I'm constantly at the 5mb free mark and need more memory. I'd like to see at least 64mb, and even more memory would be nice (and seems reasonable compared to other high end PDAs being released).

I also had hoped the external antenae would have been removed. Almost no other mobile phone has an external antenae anymore.

PalmOS 6.0 would have been nice (true multitasking and process memory protection), but I guess I can live with PalmOS 5.4.
    Treo Ace is a nice for those that don't already have a 600, but it's evolutionary not revolutionary. The 300 was a nice try, but with the 600, for the first time the cell phone/pda combo finally arrived.

I'll probably just stick with the camp that's extremely happy with their 600. I hope they got all the kinks worked out (network search, etc) and no new ones for the new model. At this point, that would be the next revolutionary leap - a product without a *major* defect from day 1.

-rwilson, 4 treo300s & 2 treo600s...quite happy w/functionality nevertherless
    I don't know if anyone has already asked this but shouldn't the Ace already have an FCC filing if it is coming out in Sep?
    Quote Originally Posted by kwsmith2
    I don't know if anyone has already asked this but shouldn't the Ace already have an FCC filing if it is coming out in Sep?
    Many times...FCC filings can now be kept secret until release. This was true for the new zire. do a search and you'll find the info.
    You're probably right dutchtrumpet. Handspring made that mistake of open filing in the past and that is how there was a leak before. (I think that was with the Treo 300.)
    Quote Originally Posted by jliv
    tDot, I have a small one in my Avatar, as you can see. I swiped this from the original Treocentral article that was infamously pulled from the site. I still have the original article, which I captured out of Google before the cache expired. Let me know if you want a pointer to it.
    Do I ever! Thanks in advance!
    dont think its happening soon
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry. I didn't want to have to do this, but you made me:
    http://www.hipnetic.com/geek/treo_new2.gif

Scott
    Did you create these images yourself? I love the idea of the horizontal version (that looks like a regular phone when closed!)
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast