Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Bdaldon, in case you did not know Palm One is a publicly traded company. Prople occasionally start rumors to effect stock and product pricing up or down. It is illegal and immoral. That is my point. It costs people like you and I that invest in the financial community $$ (ie: Enron, any one remember that one?)... And I am a man by the way...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Bdaldon, in case you did not know Palm One is a publicly traded company. Prople occasionally start rumors to effect stock and product pricing up or down. It is illegal and immoral. That is my point. It costs people like you and I that invest in the financial community $$ (ie: Enron, any one remember that one?)... And I am a man by the way...
    Not that I care, but, if people are making financial decisions based on the posts on this forum then they should have their heads examined. I suggest you give it a rest...or, if your just looking for attention, carry on. In either case you've lost mine.

I do have to agree with you on one issue though Gharrod, Gfunk is desipicable. I have emailed him many times requesting the phone number of the girl in his avatar and he refuses to provide it. Despicable,.....and greedy.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the now removed TreoCentral article discussing the Treo Ace, complete with pictures?
    palmone, he new apple?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by RorBlog
    Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the now removed TreoCentral article discussing the Treo Ace, complete with pictures?
    Similar article, similar images on homepage of mytreo.net
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Note to everyone else...I think palmOne is trying to mess with our heads and they're playing the PDA enthusiast sites like a fiddle. My conspiracy theory is that these leaked images/specs are all false and were intentionally leaked by palmOne to throw people off. They then email the various web sites telling them to remove the images/specs and threatening them with legal action if they don't, all in order to make their ruse all the more convincing.
    I really do not think so - this approach would most likely result in people holding off and adopting a wait-and-see attitude toward the 600. I would say two scenarios are most likely:

1. PalmOne recognized this and wanted to have the article(s) pulled so as not to necessitate a formal response and show its cards.

2. TreoCentral bought into a bogus story and wanted to pull it asap to minimize the damage to credibility.

Personally, I believe #1 (I am an optimist) - although the timetable could be off be 6 - 12 months as is always the case with these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by ACDriver
    I do have to agree with you on one issue though Gharrod, Gfunk is desipicable. I have emailed him many times requesting the phone number of the girl in his avatar and he refuses to provide it. Despicable,.....and greedy.
    LOL! I think even if I did give the number, she'd probably be scared off by that big mug in your avatar!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    LOL! I think even if I did give the number, she'd probably be scared off by that big mug in your avatar!
    HEY! You Jerk!! I was really proud of that picture! I think they caught my inner beauty!

JK of course.
    "Do the Chickens have large talons?" Napoleon Dynamite
    The article was pulled due to threatened legal action from one of the nations largest wireless carriers. While PalmOne did have an early morning discussion with TreoCentral, they were not directly involved in the removal of the article. TreoCentral does not have an NDA with PalmOne.

I still stand by my story, and so do my sources. Many other pda websites (pdabuzz, engadget) are reporting that they also received confirming information of the Treo ACE after my story was published.

Trust me, I spent months collecting the information for this story, and I was writing and rewriting it for 6 hours. I am the last one to want to see it taken down. Google doesn't have the story in its cache anymore, I'd rather not post it in my real blog, so here's an unofficial reprint on a holder account at blogger: http://miradu.blogspot.com/2004_06_0...38223572496759
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    The article was pulled due to threatened legal action from one of the nations largest wireless carriers.
    How very interesting. Any guesses as to which carrier, folks?????
    btw, thanks for the response.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I missed all the action, and google does not cache forever.
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I created a pdf copy for my own personal reference in case it happens to dissappear again...
    Well if they could set it up so that apps are not removed from the flash memory (swap) until the space is needed, then the speed difference would only occur the first time you launched it, which is acceptable. If you had to load into RAM each time then there isn't much point. Who runs only one app on their PDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by vgill
    If you want massive coverage, might as well start looking at Cingular/ATT, now that you can roam onto cingular for free on att and on att in cingular (in most markets), the coverage is starting to get huge and you now have access to very cool phones. Instead of having to suffer the tyranny of vzw's qualification process, just move your sim to whatever phone you like on a daily/hourly basis with the GSM providers.

Of course the problem is that the reception (rf) on the gsm treo 600s is horrible. I can't use my gsm t600 with the latest flash firmware in my basement, a place where the siemens s56 and the nokia 6820 can hold fine conversations. hopefully the nextgen treo has better RF than this current piece of dung.

/v
    Yeah...I do travel to Europe on occasion, so GSM would be very nice. But the fact of the matter is, even with the AT&T/Cingular merger, GSM coverage in my home area still SUCKS. VZW and Nextel rule around here.
    Quote Originally Posted by dpuza
    I created a pdf copy for my own personal reference in case it happens to dissappear again...
    So did I, just in case.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Something tells me the article isn't going to vanish anytime soon.

well, i just bought a toyota prius with bluetooth AND i'm still using my treo300... but initial indications at mytreo.net (which are of course speculative in their details) is that the bluetooth of the ace is for headset and wireless syncing and modem use.

anybody have thoughts on whether they think that will include the ability to interact with the prius system?
    Change is a challenge to the adventurous, an opportunity to the alert, a threat to the insecure.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast