Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Anyone know if I can pre-order one?
    Then how did you get the info a week before it was posted here? This does not add up. You still do not explain how you got this info from Treo Central and point out to me what discussion link it came from please?
    Mmmmmmm ......... donuts!
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    I am unaware of us removing 4 pages of posts.
    So maybe you should be asking people about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    Then how did you get the info a week before it was posted here? This does not add up. You still do not explain how you got this info from Treo Central and point out to me what discussion link it came from please?

*sigh*

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=52140

Next time do a search...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I thought I read somewhere that the HOME button ( right next to space bar) was causing alot of complaints and would be moved on the next gen of Treo's.....

JC
    So can we now conclude that the "Ace" rumor was just that....another bogus attempt to get our hopes up?
    It's possible the article was removed because the information was bad. But I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT
    So can we now conclude that the "Ace" rumor was just that....another bogus attempt to get our hopes up?
    if it was a false rumor, why remove it?

i think it was right on target.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt
    I thought I read somewhere that the HOME button ( right next to space bar) was causing alot of complaints and would be moved on the next gen of Treo's.....

JC

complaints, what is there to complain about?

there is a button, that looks like another shift key? that would be stupid.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Enough said. I want my Treo Ace now (GSM version please)!
    can someone please post a link to the supposed article! i can't seem to find it anywhere.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    First post....great site!

Randyg...there's a link to the article in Google's cache right here. Edit: not anymore...

Anyway. I am a Samsung i600 (MS Smartphone 2002) user on VZW, and quite like the phone, but really lust for the keyboard on the Treo. I am eyeing the Treo launch on VZW, but it looks like that will be the Treo 600. And knowing VZW, it will be another decade before they would get around to releasing the Ace, if at all.

I really want to stick with VZW's network, so instead of going with their Treo 600, perhaps I can buy the Ace without service from Sprint (big dollars, oh well....). Given that the Treo 600 can be made to work on VZW's network (see here), it seems reasonable to assume that procedure will work for the Ace as well, no?
    Last edited by awesterink; 06/27/2004 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by awesterink
    First post....great site!

Randyg...there's a link to the article in Google's cache right here.

I really want to stick with VZW's network, so instead of going with their Treo 600, perhaps I can buy the Ace without service from Sprint (big dollars, oh well....). Given that the Treo 600 can be made to work on VZW's network (see here), it seems reasonable to assume that procedure will work for the Ace as well, no?
    If you want massive coverage, might as well start looking at Cingular/ATT, now that you can roam onto cingular for free on att and on att in cingular (in most markets), the coverage is starting to get huge and you now have access to very cool phones. Instead of having to suffer the tyranny of vzw's qualification process, just move your sim to whatever phone you like on a daily/hourly basis with the GSM providers.

Of course the problem is that the reception (rf) on the gsm treo 600s is horrible. I can't use my gsm t600 with the latest flash firmware in my basement, a place where the siemens s56 and the nokia 6820 can hold fine conversations. hopefully the nextgen treo has better RF than this current piece of dung.

/v
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    complaints, what is there to complain about?

Apparently, the location of the HOME key was not acceptable to many.

JC
    That shows nothing of the information you posted on the "other" site...come clean or stop spreading rumors...
    Quote Originally Posted by gharrod
    That shows nothing of the information you posted on the "other" site...come clean or stop spreading rumors...
    So what exactly is your beef with gfunkmagic? That he spread a rumor? Come on, this forum and every other forum are rife with rumors. Lighten up man (or woman)
    Did anyone notice how an article appeared here on Treo Central for about a day before it was removed? (Don't beleive it, what's the scoop with this link -http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/354-1.htm)

Did you wonder why? Based on Palm's preported actions, this does not sound like a rumor:

from bargainpda.com - http://www.bargainpda.com/default.asp?newsID=2121

PalmOne issues Cease & Desist orders over Treo 610

Well boys and girls, I think we just got the next best thing to an official confirmation of the new Treo. PalmOne has begun demanding websites take down information about the new Treo 610/"Ace" model, starting with the article on enthusiast site TreoCentral.

Note to PalmOne: This is NOT how you keep something secret. The only worse thing you could do is issue a signed affidavit saying that the T610 exists. The cat is out of the bag, it isn't going back in, and trying to do it will only get you scratched.
    Last edited by varoomba; 06/26/2004 at 10:58 PM.
    By the way - assuming all of this is true about Palm issuing an order to "Cease & Desist" any rumors about the 610, I have to say my loyalty to Palm is sinking quickly. We didn't see that with Handspring - in fact they leaked the news themselves to us and gave us months of teasers to get us all excited. Palm must have a huge inventory surplus of 600's that they're worried about not being able to get rid of if they announce a new model - but couldn't they get creative and find a way to discount the 600's and build up demand for the new models as Handspring did with the 300 / 600 transition?

This is pathetic - and to think that they would act in such a way towards TreoCentral who has been one of their biggest advocates (and is probably responsible for a HUGE amount of their sales and success) is sad. If this is what we can expect from Palm, I'm not sure if I'm interested in sticking around.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmacfarland
    I agree it would probably be easier to type landscape/wide, but I don't think it makes for a good phone format. What you'd need is some kind of phone that looks like a candy bar style but opens landscape/wide to reveal a pretty wide screen and a keyboard inside. I don't know if the guts are small enough to fit in such a monster though. I remember Nokia came out with a brick like that some 5 years ago it seems and it went over horribly.
    Sorry. I didn't want to have to do this, but you made me:
    http://www.hipnetic.com/geek/treo_new2.gif

Note to everyone else...I think palmOne is trying to mess with our heads and they're playing the PDA enthusiast sites like a fiddle. My conspiracy theory is that these leaked images/specs are all false and were intentionally leaked by palmOne to throw people off. They then email the various web sites telling them to remove the images/specs and threatening them with legal action if they don't, all in order to make their ruse all the more convincing.

Or it's possible that they really are planning on releasing a product with an even smaller thumbboard.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.