Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    As a third party retailer for Sprint, I can tell you that the 18 month policy CAN be circumvented. You just have to know who to talk to, AND how to talk to them!
    So are you going to tell us? Since you mention it, I'd like to know what has to be said, to whom, and how?
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamBilly
    So are you going to tell us? Since you mention it, I'd like to know what has to be said, to whom, and how?
    I gather you most probably would have to extend your contract period or something...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkC
    I'd pay good money (I'm sure i'd have to) for a phone with the promised 3G data transfer rates and decent email and web browser apps. It would have to last all day on a charge though, and I guess you're right that battery life might be the deal breaker here. I'd even be willing, if reluctant, to go back to two devices (phone and PDA) in this scenario. That might help the battery life issue a bit (two batteries!).
    I've been spoilt by the Treo 600 & now wouldn't want to go back to having to carrying 2 devices. And I can't cope with a single day battery life device - it has to last a week or I'll forget to charge it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpahl
    I've been spoilt by the Treo 600 & now wouldn't want to go back to having to carrying 2 devices. And I can't cope with a single day battery life device - it has to last a week or I'll forget to charge it.
    A week??? Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    A week??? Good luck.
    ok I dream - but most weeks if I charge the t600 sunday evening it makes friday evening. But I'm not a heavy mobile user.
    WOW, you must not be. I just get through most days. If I don't charge, I gotta fallback on my T|T and Nokia 3595
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    a week? Mwuuhaahahahhahaha
    especially if you run other apps or browse the web more than 15 minutes a day (or use any web activity, for that matter)
    wait until your treo is about 6 months old... then you start to see the battery slowly drain away
    i barely get through the day (averaging about 45-2 hr talk time, 2 hours browsing, chatting, etc.)
    i get around 13-19% at end of night
    i get maybe 3-4 days of use, with wireless always on. decent usage (1 hour of calling)
    best battery life compared to the rest of my phones
    Quote Originally Posted by anitanium
    i get maybe 3-4 days of use, with wireless always on. decent usage (1 hour of calling)
    best battery life compared to the rest of my phones

WHAT?!!??! Hello, are we talking about the same Treo here? Hell, by 6 pm every day I'm already hitting 30% battery life on my Sprint Treo600 if I'm lucky!! Typically, I usually get at min a dozen or so sms-triggered email pulled via snapper every day combined with 1-2 hr talk times, 30-45 min web, intermittant verichat, 30-40 min mp3 playback, and of course a game here and there etc...and that's a light day!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    forgot to say my treo is BRAND SPANKING NEW

and being GSM might help too (less radio usage)
  11.    #191  
    I think there can be a big difference in the battery life of the GSM and Sprint Treo when in marginal service areas. I use the GSM, but I tried Sprint for a month several months ago. In the GSM model, hunting for service in a low signal area uses a little more power than normal. On the Sprint model, hunting in a low signal area seemed to drop battery life like a rock. I'm normally at half or so if I've been using it a good bit during the day. But if I used it only itermittently, the GSM version would go a few days on the battery if most was in standby.
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    wait until your treo is about 6 months old... then you start to see the battery slowly drain away
    Must be lucky - my Treo is about 9 months old (got it 2nd day available in UK from orange). Maybe my usage and recharging profile is beneficial to these forms of batteries.

Also live in london so small cell sizes and hence lower power required (except of course when down the tube).
    I get a week with reasonable useage. Also in London - I guess we have a gazillion cells here so battery life is great
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    you european guys! always getting the best of us! i can't wait until we get true 3G over here..oh wait... you already did...well! it seems the Sprint phones definitely last a lot less (battery wise) than GSM...but that's probably because Sprint ppl are taking advantage of the Data speed/usage.... i do tend to use the data plan a lot more than i thought i would - very convenient to always be logged into Aim/Yahoo/Icq (even though it's unfortanate it doesnt tell me when i've lost Vision Data Signal, therefore delaying time messages get to me) let alone listen to shoutcast all the while - It would be very nice for this new Treo "Ace" to have enough juice/battery to last with 2 hours of talk, 2 hours data usage, and still not be down below 40%. That's with alerts checking in the background for messages/emails, etc. I haven't exactly figured out how to plug it into my motorcycle and charge it on the way home.
    Last edited by sledgie; 07/06/2004 at 09:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Just for the comedy factor, I emailed PalmOne and asked them if/ when the Treo Ace would be released; here's their reply....

Dear Mr. Hicks,

Thank you for contacting palmOne Customer Service.

It is palmOne policy not to comment on unannounced products. Any information published by another source, not based on an official palmOne press release, is speculation. We will be happy to confirm any information that has been officially announced or released.

If you have any further questions please contact us again.

Not surprising, I know.
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    Quote Originally Posted by oggle
    My current Treo 600 is having the stupid random hard reset problem where all data is lost and I need to re-sync it to get it all back. Been happening a lot lately. I have the insurance too so I'm thinking about upgrading to the Ace.
    A replacement through insurance is not going to automatically upgrade you to the Ace. That would only happen if no more 600 (which would be what your replacing) were available.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by tDot
    Did you create these images yourself? I love the idea of the horizontal version (that looks like a regular phone when closed!)
    tDot, sorry for the super-late reply. I don't check in on these forums as regularly as I did back when I was using my Treo 300 on a daily basis. These days I use a Tapwave Zodiac and Sony-Ericsson T608 Bluetooth phone combo, though I dearly miss having a single converged device.

To address your question, though: Yes, I did create these images myself a while back when we were all dreaming and scheming about a next-gen Treo (prior to the Treo 600 info leaked). I really wanted (and still want) something with a larger, more comfortable thumbboard and I was disappointed to see that the Treo 600 went in the opposite direction.

This recently announced Motorola device has a nice form-factor, but it's severely lacking in functionality. Really, how is it any better than a Danger hiptop? It has MP3, but I suspec that the hiptop's UI is a lot better thought out.

One day someone will get it all right. And hopefully they'll pay me a hefty stipend seeing as I suspect that they'll be doing something similar to my design.

Scott
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Sorry, I didn't realize you guys asked a question. To answer, basically you just call and ask them nicely. Explain that the customer has been very happy with Sprint and would like to get a new phone and renew their contract for two years. Even before 18 months they usually approve it. And yes, of course you hav¬
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910