1.    #1  
    I have read the posts in the forum extensively about different headphones not working with the Treo 600. I have PTunes and have recent upgraded my phone software from Sprint to "fix and audio problem"... Once I upgraded a couple of weeks ago, I can no longer get sound from PTunes to play through the stereo adapter into any headphones that have previously worked! Help!

Thansk.
    What kind of headphones are you using? Do they have active circuitry like noise-cancellation? These tend to cause problems and no guarantees for usage are given except for standard headphones with no amplification or intermediate circuitry.
  3.    #3  
    I have used several different types of personal headphones from the Sony cheapos to Shure in-ear pro... Again, both of these models worked prior to the latest software update for the phone...
    I have the same problem. I have used the headphones that came in the box but I can't seem to hear my pocket tunes or any other app except for the phone. I have not upgraded my firmware yet though. What is going on??
    its because they are not made for this you will have to buy another pair and anyway they are crap headphones the amount of threads about this at the mo is stupid
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
  6.    #6  
    If they didn't make the Treo 600 to play PTunes, then why is it an approved download on the Sprint site? You are mistaken.

This WORKED prior to firmware upgrade. I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY USED THE STEREO HEADPHONE ADAPTER WITH THE SAME HEADPHONES THAT ARE NOW NOT WORKING - PURSUANT TO THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE.

And, I might add, that it's a BIG DEAL to me and one of the major reasons that I purchased this phone for over $400!!!!!!!!!!! So, please keep silent about how many posts exist related to this problem. I have read them all and my problem is unique, given the firmware upgrade correlation.
    when i said they were not made to do this i was talking to grant when he said he was trying to use the headphones that came in the box
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

I bought a Nokia branded headset that allows the redirection of sound/music/voice to the headset rather than the speakerphone. There is a code on the jack that reads NK38 and HD8-5 or HDB-5. It has a 3-black stripe on the rod that goes to the jack.

Now, I can listen to my MP3s with no problem.
    is there a way to uninstall the update?
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    no i think you can only upgrade it

11.    #11  
    Are these stereo headphones?
    have u thought of reinstalling ptunes?
    I just talked to Sprint Treo600 technical support. They say I have the wrong stereo adapter. They said that the adapter needs to have four contacts on the jack that plugs into the phone. Is this so or is the adapter with the normal stereo three contacts what I need?

From the previouse comments it sounds like the problem is due to the latest upgrade. Has anyone contacted the technical support other then me complaining about the upgrade?
  14.    #14  
    I bought the three-contact stereo adapter directly from Sprint as a Treo 600 accessory, so this is difficult to swallow... Going to search for the 4-contact version. Thanks.
    Did it work? Mine does not work. I also bought it after I did the new software upgrade and just install Ptunes.

And

I have searched for the four contact version but all the product pictures only show the three contact.

I think the tech was full of crap!
    Last edited by dtroth; 07/13/2004 at 12:39 AM.