Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...5&pagenumber=1

im sure u have seen it on some websites but this phone belongs to this dude who bought it yesterday for a cool grand.
    that rubber flap is the coolest design feature on this thing. please, please, PalmOne, add something like this to the next Treo!
    Off to iPhone land...
    that dude always gets the latest and greatest phones
    and his wife is a model and very nice looking
    the mpx certainly looks cool... As far as a PDA goes, I am so used to the Palm platform that I don't think I'd switch to PPC for this phone over my treo.
    if I had any interest in ppc or tmo, I'd be drooling. but I don't.
    I'd have to see one in person. The pictures leave me cold, but the size would really determine how good for bad it is. And of course it has the problem of Windows Mobile ***shudder***!
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I like PPC, but not clamshells.
    Talldog
    if I could find a plan I liked i'd drop the treo in a second. the mpx is just too sexy. if the next treo gets the high res screen id consider staying but anything with a keyboard will get consideration from me
    This is my next smartphone if Sprint supports it... Very cool
    The NEXT Treo 6-whatever better be a KILLER...Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Hi-res, more RAM, etc... I hope Palmone is paying attention to the competition like we are.
    No thanks. I, like many others drooled over this when I saw the first pics. These, however, are the first ones that are close up, and actually show it in comparison to other things.

It is a lot bigger than i thought. The picture of it compared to the iMate were shocking. The iMate makes the treo look like an itsy-bisty Sony-Ericsson, and the MPx wasn't that much smaller.

Second, the keyboard looks impossible to type on. There is no space between the keys, and the keys, although raised, do not look at "domed" as the Treo's. Add insult to injury, they are arranged in a wavey pattern to make it even more difficult to type while not looking.

Good first try, Motorola, we will see you again in a release or two.
    Maybe it's just me, but the "is this thing just to geeky to use in public, or in a business setting like in a meeting" factor is WAY higher with the multi-flip-top MPx than with the T600. So many folks have pilots and are used to seeing folks pull out styluses in meetings, etc. that it's second nature. But clamshells and such? Not yet...

I feel pretty comfortable using my T600 "phone" for all PDA functions at work without thinking I'm a total geek. But the "clamshell" look - to me that is for a text pager - if you start working on a clamshell in a meeting to take notes it'll just look strange. Again, maybe that's just me...

MPx has the "wow" factor for turbo geeks like us - but for the average person they might just wonder what that "thing" is and what exactly you're doing with it.
    i think i just messed my pants...

whats the chances for a CDMA version?

...pretty slim I think...
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    No thanks. I, like many others drooled over this when I saw the first pics. These, however, are the first ones that are close up, and actually show it in comparison to other things.

It is a lot bigger than i thought. The picture of it compared to the iMate were shocking. The iMate makes the treo look like an itsy-bisty Sony-Ericsson, and the MPx wasn't that much smaller.

Second, the keyboard looks impossible to type on. There is no space between the keys, and the keys, although raised, do not look at "domed" as the Treo's. Add insult to injury, they are arranged in a wavey pattern to make it even more difficult to type while not looking.

Good first try, Motorola, we will see you again in a release or two.
    Actually the keys ARE domed, and for size, it is small, very small. in fact it is the smallest PPC to date. Check out this link, it is only slightly taller that a pack of cigarettes:

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/modu...rder=0&thold=0

I will buy one when it comes out, but I buy every device. The next Treo is the winner due to the fact that windows mobile sucks up too much battery. I also am keeping a close eye on the Benq P50, but we will see if it ever sees the light of day....
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    if I had any interest in ppc or tmo, I'd be drooling. but I don't.
    I thought this was goimg to be an ATT offering. If it's T-Mobile, I'm gone. I've been using an iPaq 2215 along with my original and reliable Treo 270 for a few months now and I've really gotten used to the transcriber program, Wi-fi, and multi-tasking. But, I'm so ready to go back to one device.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Not impressed at all. I thought the trend was for more phone-like smartphones.

Still in love with my Treo.