1.    #1  
    We have a Treo 600 withe Sprint PCS service and we want to know what it's subnet mask is. We are trying to limit access through our firewall from the outside. We can get the IP address easy enough (it's 68.28.91.x), but since that's a class A, we don't know what our IP address will be tomorrow or the next day. By getting the subnet mask, we'll get a good idea of how large a block they are using.

I've searched high and low to find a utility that will tell me my Treo's info, but I can't find anything.

Any help out there?

Frank
    Can you possibly find it when you go to Preferences - Network - Options - View log? I know that you can run commands such as ping there. Ipconfig wont work since its a dos command, maybe another command you know of in that prompt?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that gave us the IP address, gateway, and DNS, but not subnet mask.

If anyone else knows the subnet mask for Sprint's PCS service, or a program to extract that, it would be great.
    It's possible that it uses the same subnet mask as most dialups, which I think was 255.255.255.255.

Regards,

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    Can you possibly find it when you go to Preferences - Network - Options - View log? I know that you can run commands such as ping there. Ipconfig wont work since its a dos command, maybe another command you know of in that prompt?
    On my GSM phone I don't see how to do something like the PING command you mentioned. Is this for the CDMA phone only? If so, do you know of a way to do this on a GSM phone?
  5.    #5  
    I didn't do a ping or anything, I just looked at the log, as the other guy suggested.

I would think that the GSM phones have the same option, but I can't try that out....there shouldn't be huge difference between the client interfaces of the GSM and CDMA phones.

Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by frnkblk
    I didn't do a ping or anything, I just looked at the log, as the other guy suggested.

I would think that the GSM phones have the same option, but I can't try that out....there shouldn't be huge difference between the client interfaces of the GSM and CDMA phones.

Frank
    On the log start typing characters.

Try "help" and then the return key.

Ping is one of the commands available. I don't see anything that would return the subnet mask though.