Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    okay...

I bought the stereo adaptor... It works with my in-ear Sony Fontopias... But I HATE the huge stereo adapter... The thing is huge...

Here is my proposal... I'll send an EXPERT a pair of Sony Fontopias and a standard the Treo 600 stereo head phones... I want someone to take the Treo 600 stereo head phones plug (2.5 mm) and put it on the Fontopias... I basiaclly want a pair of Fontopias with with a 2.5 mm jack... I don't want to answer calls with it or anything... I just want some stereo in-ear headphones... With a very STOCK look... Maybe some heat-shrink wrapping where they connect or something... It has to look perfect...

If some one could drop me a reply to this if they are an expert at this... We can determine the cost of doing this... I will pay via PayPal...

THANKS!! Ben
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I've already done it with my own sony headphones. e-mail me and we'll work something out. adz1966@aol.com
    adz1966...

hey... just emailed you... I wouldn't mind seeing some pics if that isn't too much trouble... also... just let me know the amount you are charging for this...

Thanks! Ben
    let me know the price as well. i'd like to be able to use decent headphones w\o using the adapter.
    its pretty easy to do..just cut off the tip and solder on the wires..just gotta know where to connect the wires. not a hard job.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Trying to find supplier that sells 2.5mm plug that has a low enough profile to fit into the recessed hole around the headphone jack on the Treo. I got lucky; I had one lying around and it fit perfectly. I had to splice the wires and use shrink tubing to cover the connection. it looks good, but if I can find the right plug, the splice would be eliminated. The best part is, when the headphones are plugged in, the Treo mic is still active. I can use the headphones like a headset without having to unplug them to take a call.
    Here are some quick pics:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    So adz1966...

The pics are small, but they look good... When can you do a set for me?
    I have two headphone adapters but never used them. Not only the thing is HUUUUUUUGE, there's really no reason to carry it around if you (or someone u know) has basic soldering skills.

I've done this for myself. Nothing complicated, 10 minutes.

Used: KOSS "The Plug" Earphones (highly recommended) and a 2.5" stereo jack from Radioshack.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Sorry about the pics being so small. I will post as soon as I find suitable connectors. I've found that most connectors (including the ones at Radio Shack) are a little bulky and don't fit properly into that round recessed area at the headphone jack. Gekz, are you using the straight or right angle plug? Do you have a part number?
    Using the right angle 2.5" stereo plug from RadioShack ... I think it was $3 or something (don't have the part# but you can search it up).

You are right, the plug won't fit properly into the Treo. What I did is: I threw away the plug's plastic cover and carefully covered the bare plug with black electric tape. Then, I passed it over a flame a few times, and I made my own nice little plug that looks fine and works PERFECT.
    can i re-use the plug from the horrible headphones that came w\ the Treo?
    I've really got to say that I use the seido 2 in 1 headphone adaptor with my sony in ear headphones and I couldn't live without this setup. The adaptor has an external volume control as well as a button to answer incoming calls. I never have to take my phone out of my pocket. Why would anyone want to use anything else?
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytag
    I've really got to say that I use the seido 2 in 1 headphone adaptor with my sony in ear headphones and I couldn't live without this setup. The adaptor has an external volume control as well as a button to answer incoming calls. I never have to take my phone out of my pocket. Why would anyone want to use anything else?
    because when i attach my headphones to it, the mic hangs down past my waist, plus I'm only looking for a basic set of headphones to use while at the gym
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    because when i attach my headphones to it, the mic hangs down past my waist, plus I'm only looking for a basic set of headphones to use while at the gym
    i agree... i want a simple and very OEM/stock looking setup... after usign Fontopias i really can't seem to use anything else... unless i get a pair of Shures...

So, does anybody want some cash to do this for me or not?
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I'll e-mail you my address tonight and I'll do them for you beng. The price won't be too steep; probably cost you more in shipping!
    thanks!!
    I only wish the seidio adapter had a retractable setup--and yes I know about that other, similar adapter,it looks very cheap and website just looks like that of a shady, cheap piece of software.
    Will
    I would love an adaptor that allows me to use my expensive phone headset to listen to mp3s. I only listen to audiobooks, so I only want it in one ear, but no one seems to make an adaptor that tricks the Treo into thinking its got headphones instead of a headset, thereby sending the audio through the headset and not the internal speaker. Something like a mute button, where the "microphone" channel is turned on and off with a toggle switch instead of a button you have to hold down. Or does anyone know if the Seido adaptor allows you to bypass its microphone so I can use the one on my headset instead?
    for the one ear thing... you can hold down the answer button and it will play just fine...
    I wonder if you could cut the wire of a wind-up headset, solder on the Seidio's module, then solder some nice shortened headphones on the other side. It seems very possible.

Care to give some details of the solder job? Ive never messed with headphone wires but im tempted to try and make a good wind-up 2-in-1. (Yes, I'm ignoring the pc-mobile model)
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast