1.    #1  
    I'm on my third Sprint T600. All eventually got the network search bug. I'm hoping to get around it by switching to GSM if those phones don't have the bug. That's a mixed blessing, though. Here in NYC, AT&T GSM is nearly useless, as you get no penetration. Are Cingular or T-Mobile any better?
    Regards,

Robert
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    In answer to your thread title question, yes I believe it is only on Sprint. Of all the threads I have read in regards to that problem, they have all been Sprint. I use Cingular and I have good signal strength (I am in Texas though). While I vacationed in NYC I had no problems but long term I don't know.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    974 Global Posts
    That's such a weird bug, since it seems like the vast majority of us Sprint Treo users never have the problem, but those that do tend to have it more than once. (on multiple devices)
    I wouldn't switch if I was you, give it another shot. (another Treo)
    yeah well I'm on replacement number 8 & still have the network search problem. True the "vast majority" of Sprint users may not experience this problem. But if take 99% of say 500,000 (number is actually bigger I think) Treos sold so far that do not experience this problem, that miniscule 1% may seem small in the big picture. But tell that to those in the 1%- 5000 people! Just trying to help you to realize that whatever this "minority" is (who really knows), it's still a large number to us! Thank you for your time.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Never had this "network search" bug. Hardware B, software 1.20. And i'm on Sprint (CDMA).