Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Well, I've been spending a good amount of time over the past couple of days familiarizing myself with the bundle and it's quirks. So far pretty good, though.

Has anyone been able to get the "Enable 3D Navigation View" working? Nothing happens when I check the box. Is this a limitation of the Treo's (relatively) low resolution screen?
    hi pablo,

you simply need the most recent release of mapopolis (2.2). at least on my treo it works since i installed the last version. but i do not like it that much and switched back to two dimensions;-)

cheers,
    matti
    Thanks. It just started working while out in the car a while ago. And I agree with you, I don't really like that layout.

Will support for the Treo's 5-way button be added?
    It's much easier to use the hardware buttons than
    using the screen even with the larger buttons enabled.

Also, when I receive a call, and select to answer it,
    the screen defaults back to the map. How would I
    select to enable the speakerphone (usually done with
    the hardware space button)? I no longer have the
    option of doing so on the phone screen, and the phone
    button changes the scaling on the map, and I can't
    immediately exit Mapopolis unless stopping the GPS.
    Any suggestion?
    The 3d works on mine, but it isn't very good at all. It will display while in the route mode and it jumbles all of the streets together... it's a shame, cause it's a good feature...
    Need gift ideas?

Check out www.mynextclick.com

StarTac -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 600
    So what's the story on the speakerphone issue? The folks at Mapopolis claim that the speakerphone comes on by default on their 650, but I can't figure out a way to enable it.
    Is there any way to set the phone to aanswer with speaker phone as the default? This would make it a lot easier to answer and talk on the phone while using mapopolis.
    That's what I'm trying to figure out Kevin.

It's not as much of an issue at the moment as I have the bundled car mount that came with the iTrek, but my Proclip mount should be in tomorrow, and with that, the Treo's cable is hard-mounted to the mounting bracket, so there's no way to quickly pick the phone up to answer a call even if I wanted to.

I encourage you to contact Cheryl at Mapopolis (info 'at' mapopolis 'dot' com) and relay your experiences. You may also try Lamar (support 'at' mapopolis 'dot' com) who passed some information on to her, and said:

I'll CC in my boss Cheryl who
    has the T-650 to see if she knows any workarounds
    for this, and if not, I'll submit it as feature
    request.
    I've been trying the BT i.Trek GPS / Mapopolis combination on a Treo 650 for a couple weeks, and the communication really seems flakey! Does this work well for other people? The GPS regularly seems permanently "hung" until I turn it off, then back on. I've used wired GPS's (Delorme Earthmates) for years, so am familiar with the whole GPS boot up / need to lock on to satellite. This i.Trek seems very unreliable. I don't know whether the problem is the i.Trek, the 650, or just BT itself.

Does it work reliably for other people? What happens if the GPS temporarily exits BT range? Does it pick up again, or does it need to be reinitialized?
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    I have a question:

Which version of the map software are you using? Semsons suggests the on for the palm 3/4, which is the 'older version' or something...

Before I got the device I installed the mapopolis for the Palm 5 and it seemed much better application wise....

Thanks, John
    Last edited by linuxnut; 01/07/2005 at 02:52 PM.
    I am using the one on the CD, 1.35. I recommend 2.02 beta (bottom of the web page.) (It will not run on my Treo 600, probably because I have an entry in custom1 someplace in my 2800 contacts. I just found another one and am ready to try again.) 1.35 is very stable and works well. 2.02 is beta, by reports works well on most systems, and has many new features. The most notable advantage of 2.02 is the ability to use maps that are stored on the SD card without having to move them to RAM.
    How can i configure my TREO 600 or MAPOPOLIS in order to work with Haicom HI-204E GPS ?? mapopolis show this message: "the GPS unit could not be started"
    Hi, guys,

I answered Loppo in his other thread.
    How does the GPS cable connect to your Treo? I have the Seidio car mount and it has an port for GPS cable but it looks like a lan cord (large telephone jack) outlet.
    Quote Originally Posted by smithde6
    How does the GPS cable connect to your Treo? I have the Seidio car mount and it has an port for GPS cable but it looks like a lan cord (large telephone jack) outlet.
    I had one of those mounts and it was horrible. They supply you a "mouse" to telephone converter.

I was not able to get a signal with the unit and after literally 5 emails and 2 phone calls, they took the unit back. THEY STILL HAVE NOT REFUNDED MY MONEY. It's been about 3 weeks.

I do not reccommend it.
    Need gift ideas?

Check out www.mynextclick.com

StarTac -> Kyocera 6035 -> Kyocera 7135 -> Treo 600
    I have been using mapopolis with a bluetooth holex 231. It's just fantastic. I place the holex in my shirt pocket and used mapopolis while walking the city streets. What a great piece of software.
    Pilottreo1
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    I have been using mapopolis with a bluetooth holex 231. It's just fantastic. I place the holex in my shirt pocket and used mapopolis while walking the city streets. What a great piece of software.
    Pilottreo1
    I will have to check out the Holex 231. Cannot use my iTrek on batteries.
    subscribing
    Quote Originally Posted by pilottreo1
    Pilottreo1
    I am unable to find anything on Holex 231. Can you help?
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    From the FAQ:
    Putting Maps onto Memory Card
    Help, Mapopolis can't find the maps on my memory card.
    Many users cannot synch the maps directly to the memory card. They need to follow
    this procedure: Synch map to RAM, copy map to memory card, delete version from
    RAM Now Mapopolis should be able to find the maps on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by objbuilder
    From the FAQ:
    Putting Maps onto Memory Card
    Help, Mapopolis can't find the maps on my memory card.
    Many users cannot synch the maps directly to the memory card. They need to follow
    this procedure: Synch map to RAM, copy map to memory card, delete version from
    RAM Now Mapopolis should be able to find the maps on the card.
    Use version 2.02 which can be downloaded from the Mapopolis site. It permits you to specify the directory that the map is in. Mapopolis will look in the specified directory and all sub directories. I organize mine as, for example, maps/california/northern california/monterey. The closer one gets to the root, the more maps Mapopolis will include and the slower it will perform. I have about four maps in maps/California/Northern California and it works fairly well. However, maps/California, let alone maps/, is useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    I am unable to find anything on Holex 231. Can you help?
    That's because it's a Holux GR-231