1.    #1  
    Has anyone gotten this to work as described below?

Select Contacts, type Doe and up pops John's record with three numbers.
    Call the first one, no answer, voice mail, or whatever.Now to try the second number, you must start over at Contacts and typing Doe again. THIS IS AGGRAVATING.

I got it to work 2 days ago after I had my phone replaced (again) ONCE. Now it doesn't do it. I called Customer Support (I still laugh when think of how far off that description is)and of couse they had no clue. Their advice: "play with it for awhile".
    What sync do you use? If you use intellisync, delete all your contacts then have outlook restore them. I do not use pocketmirror but the same would probably be true
    Math 6:33 But seek first His righteousness,and all these things will be given to you as well.
    Tried it. When I hang up the call it returns to the contact list and the contact I just called is selected. I didn't have to start over and retype the contact's name.

Andy
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy.e
    Tried it. When I hang up the call it returns to the contact list and the contact I just called is selected. I didn't have to start over and retype the contact's name.

Andy
    worked for me too, it just went right back to the list of contacs with the last one used hilited. All i did was as you said, typed in the first few letters, then selected the number to call, hit the center button to call, then the center button again to hang up. It automatically went back the contacts list.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  5.    #5  
    Brand new phone. I just tried it...AGAIN. Still goes back to Dial Pad. What is going on here? I'm starting to take this personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Edge
    Brand new phone. I just tried it...AGAIN. Still goes back to Dial Pad. What is going on here? I'm starting to take this personally.
    It works for me too. This may sound like a stupid question, but how exactly are you dialing the number?
  7.    #7  
    Not a stupid question.
    1. Left button to bring up dial pad
    2. D pad down to bring up contacts
    3. first 2 or three letters to zero in on target name
    4. D pad down to desired number (home, mobile, work, etc)
    5. D pad center to dial
    6. phone rings
    7. conversation or voice mail
    8. D pad center to hang up (HANG UP button on screen is already highlighted)
    9. Phone SHOULD come back to contacts so I can select one of the other numbers (home, mobile, work, etc)
    10. Dial pad reappears.

Am I doing something wrong here?
    I just did exactly what you describe and it returns to the correct contact when I hang up.

David
    That's exactly how I do it and it works. I'm suspecting it's a third-party software interference problem. Do you have any third-party app that has anything to do with mapping application keys? You said you tried it on a brand-new phone, did you mean a phone that was just hard-reset, or was it just new but with many apps on it.

Good luck.
  10.    #10  
    Phone is BRAND NEW.
    Well, that is probably it. I run TODAY, Directory Assistant, Z-Launcher, P-Tunes, SplashWallet suite(great app), SnapperMail, and Docs to Go. Which one do you think might be the most likely? I hate to have to uninstall all and go one by one but I don't know of another way.