Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I have just down loaded pockettunes and my favorite music to my Treo 600. It works great, but only on the speaker. It will not transfer to my headphones when I plug them in. I have checked the jack head phones and they work fine with phone calls. thanks for any suggestions.
  2. #2  
    When you say head phones, do you mean the included hands-free headset? If so, it won't work because the Treo detects whether you have stereo headphones connected. If it doesn't detect stereo headphones, it plays through the external speaker. You'll either need a 2.5mm set of stereo headphones (Seidio or JAVOedge are ones I can think of at the moment), or the Treo stereo headphone adapter to connect standard headphones.
  3. #3  
    It's defective! Return it at once!

    Just kidding.

    Included headset doesn't play music.

    Get the $5 doohicky from TreoCentral and use your stereo headphones. Or you can hold the Treo against your ear like an old transistor radio.
  4.    #4  
    I am using a stereo adapter converter jack that I bought at Radio Shack because I couldn't find anyone carrying the Treo headphone adapter. they assured me that it would work, but it is probably the problem. thanks for your input.
  5. #5  
    Yeah, those Radio Shaq people will tell you lots of things.
  6. t4l
    t4l is offline
    t4l's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by robh11
    I am using a stereo adapter converter jack that I bought at Radio Shack because I couldn't find anyone carrying the Treo headphone adapter. they assured me that it would work, but it is probably the problem. thanks for your input.
    If you are talking about the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm (standard) stereo headphone plug from Radio Shack, then it should work. I am using it at present without any problems.
  7. t4l
    t4l is offline
    t4l's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by t4l
    If you are talking about the 2.5 mm to 3.5 mm (standard) stereo headphone plug from Radio Shack, then it should work. I am using it at present without any problems.

    You do have to shave off the plastic to make it fit in the socket though.
  8. #8  
    Between the SD cards and the various hardware that needs filing, the Treo should come with an emory board.

  9. #9  
    Hello people, my story.....
    My treo 600 plays mp3s out of speaker only.
    I bought a adaptor from Maplin (probably the same one as you yanks get from Radio Shack) I filed it so it fits
    I plugged it into the treo and the music stopped ( good I thought it works)
    I plugged my headphones in to the adaptor, and the speaker comes back on!!!! GADZOOKS TARNATION etc
    I bought the genuine Handspring (Palm) 2.5-3.5 adaptor and tried again....
    Same.
    I called orange (my cell provider)
    After three weeks of "investigation" the technical dept have diagnosed a faulty handset and authorised a replacement.
    Fair play to them, they tried...
    Its exactly the same on the new phone.
    I reckon its either the software (pocket tunes) but dont ask me how that could be, I dont know, or it could be a defect or "characteristic" as manufacturers sometimes like to say.
    I am going to try to find a different MP3 player for my treo and see if that works, if anyone else has already fixed this could they let me know, alternatively anyone not experiencing this problem could you post a short message containing your serial number incase it is a batch specific problem.
    thanks.
  10. #10  
    did you get the free version of pocket tunes from palmone for regestering your treo,if so and your head phones dont work try adjusting the thrid volume setting to the right if that dosent work go left best of luck mine works perfect i also thought mine did not work
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebaker
    Hello people, my story.....
    My treo 600 plays mp3s out of speaker only.
    I bought a adaptor from Maplin (probably the same one as you yanks get from Radio Shack) I filed it so it fits
    I plugged it into the treo and the music stopped ( good I thought it works)
    I plugged my headphones in to the adaptor, and the speaker comes back on!!!! GADZOOKS TARNATION etc
    I bought the genuine Handspring (Palm) 2.5-3.5 adaptor and tried again....
    Same.
    I called orange (my cell provider)
    After three weeks of "investigation" the technical dept have diagnosed a faulty handset and authorised a replacement.
    Fair play to them, they tried...
    Its exactly the same on the new phone.
    I reckon its either the software (pocket tunes) but dont ask me how that could be, I dont know, or it could be a defect or "characteristic" as manufacturers sometimes like to say.
    I am going to try to find a different MP3 player for my treo and see if that works, if anyone else has already fixed this could they let me know, alternatively anyone not experiencing this problem could you post a short message containing your serial number incase it is a batch specific problem.
    thanks.
    It's most likely because of the headphones you're trying to use. There is a known issue with headphones that have a higher impedance, that make the Treo believe it's not stereo headphones connected. One solution I've mentioned is to get a inline volume adapter. When you adjust the volume through it, you will be modifying the impedance seen by the Treo. So, you should be able to adjust it to the point that it works properly. If you do a search you can probably find more information about this problem.
  12. #12  
    This item should do the trick:

    Radio Shack
    Volume Control
    Headphone Extension Cord
    Gold Series
    Part Number:
    42-2559

    James
  13. xja
    xja is offline
    xja's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    #13  
    here are the technical details on this issue:

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=43706

Posting Permissions