Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sorry, I didn't think to take pictures.

My experience was similar to the one described here, except I am left with a little rubber bumper that fell out when I opened the case. I tried several places I thought it should go, but it caused problems everwhere I tried. I eventually just left it out, and I haven't had any problems.

As for battery life, it is better, but barely noticably. It was still worth it for me, as every minute counts with me.

In real world, it probably give me about five to ten more minutes of talk during the day. If that is worth it to you, go for it. Also, for all of those early adopters that bought seven or eight months ago, it would probably help as a replacment for that long in the tooth battery you are nursing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Druce MacFarlane
    In real world, it probably give me about five to ten more minutes of talk during the day. If that is worth it to you, go for it. Also, for all of those early adopters that bought seven or eight months ago, it would probably help as a replacment for that long in the tooth battery you are nursing.

5-10 minutes extra? That's it?!!!! Hmm... that doesn't sound worthwhile at all! Heck, you can just get the external battery for ~$30 bucks which is alot simpler, cheaper and lots more battery longevity!!! Anyway, thanks for the info Druce...
    Last edited by Gaurav; 07/05/2004 at 06:01 PM.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    5-10 minutes extra? That's it?!!!! Hmm... that doesn't worthwhile at all! Heck, you can just get the external battery for ~$30 bucks which is alot simpler, cheaper and lots more battery longevity!!! Anyway, thanks for the info Druce...
    The real benefit of this info is that its an inexpensive fix for those whose batteries have died.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_L_P
    The real benefit of this info is that its an inexpensive fix for those whose batteries have died.

Pete
    Perhaps, but IMO if your batteries have already died, then you should probably be getting a free replacement Treo anways since the Treo has not even been released for over a year!! But ymmv...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Perhaps, but IMO if your batteries have already died, then you should probably be getting a free replacement Treo anways since the Treo has not even been released for over a year!!
    Of course that's right. Nonetheless, a worthwhile piece of info for future reference. Even though I'm likely to upgrade before the year is out, my wife and daughter's T600 may last a while longer.

Pete
    I got the battery Red X icon crash, so finally ( after to try ererything, including Battery Hard reset / K+backspace+reset) i'm convinced to upgrade the new battery, but, the official web to buy the new one ( http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=BATT ) don't sale direct to Spain.
    somebody knows how to buy it??

P.D.
    Sorry for my english, i know, is very bad.
    No son los guerreros conocidos por las armas que portan, si no por el valor que les caracteriza.
    Palm V /Tungsten T / Tungsten T3 - SD256 / Nokia 8310 / Nokia 6600 / Treo 600 -650
    Quote Originally Posted by smaara
    I got the battery Red X icon crash, so finally ( after to try ererything, including Battery Hard reset / K+backspace+reset) i'm convinced to upgrade the new battery, but, the official web to buy the new one ( http://www.gethightech.com/Merchant2...gory_Code=BATT ) don't sale direct to Spain.
    somebody knows how to buy it??

P.D.
    Sorry for my english, i know, is very bad.
    Actually your English is not that bad. However, your Spanish tag line seems to to be missing a word -- shouldn't there be a "por" between "conocidos" and "las armas"?
    well...i'm not seeking for an english teacher, only how to resolve my battery problem for my Brand2MonthsNewTreo 600 ( i can't use the official palm repair service because i buyed my Treo600 in Ebay - two months ago palm didn't sale this smartphone in Spain)...hhmm....so...scuse me, i think you're trying to make a joke with my "leit motiv"??

i translate to you.
    "soldiers aren'tfamous becouse of his weapons, only for his tipicall valour" ( or something like that.

...so...can you help me??
    No son los guerreros conocidos por las armas que portan, si no por el valor que les caracteriza.
    Palm V /Tungsten T / Tungsten T3 - SD256 / Nokia 8310 / Nokia 6600 / Treo 600 -650
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    JOKE!!! I swear no one here gets me.
    Snatching Woof by the Ear!
    Thats what those emoticons are there for! Now, go to your room! And leave that keyboard right here mister man!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Actually your English is not that bad. However, your Spanish tag line seems to to be missing a word -- shouldn't there be a "por" between "conocidos" and "las armas"?
    JI...JI...
    Yes...i forgot "por"
    jeje...let me correct it.

congratulations....good spanish....yeahh
    Quote Originally Posted by smaara
    ...so...can you help me??
    Try the site below -- they claim to handle international orders:

http://www.addongear.com/Merchant2/m...Category_Code=
    Quote Originally Posted by curtiscarmack
    Try the site below -- they claim to handle international orders:

http://www.addongear.com/Merchant2/m...Category_Code=
    Thank you very much friendly guy, for your support & my tag line spanish corrections.
    i ordered 1 hour ago my update battery & hope in a week i will install it.
    then i will post how it will happen.

Thank you to everybody for this great foro
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12