1.    #1  
    I'm going to pick up my replacement T600 this evening, and it just occurred to me that I have all this data to migrate!

I last hot synced on Saturday, I don't stand to lose anything since that hot sync, but will a hot-sync be good enough for the replacement Treo or do I need an actual backup program? I have id's and log-ins on splash ID, also registration codes in software -- will that all hotsync over?

If not, and I need an actual backup program does anyone know of any program I can download directly to my treo600 from blazer? I have Sprint service, if that matters.

Thanks for any help anybody can provide.
    John 3:16
    Everything should backup fine with a hot sync. I've done this numerous times...
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I order to completely backup your treo you will need a 3rd party app such as backupbuddy which backs up via hotsync to the pc or backupbuddyvfs which backs up to the SD card. Attached is the shareware prc file for backupbuddyvfs since it isnt offered at palmgear or the makers site as a straight prc file. As long as your SD card has as much space free as your treos used memory you will be good to go. I have used this app (full version) and it is a godsend. THe demo will get you 30 days of use, but I highly recomend buying it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your quick reply. Now, here's something else -- I never registered my copy of backupman, but it remains on the treo. I just clicked the icon and it told me I needed to have it in ram and on the card, and it asked me if I wanted to copy it to the card and I selected yes. Then I went ahead and backed up. Is it going to do me any good since the trial expired? I will be glad to register the copy if somehow I can get everything back!
  5.    #5  
    thanks again! I didn't see your post before posting about backupman. Thanks, I can't thank y'all enough!

One quick question -- is the new treo going to recognize my card?
    Last edited by wheresmy600; 06/23/2004 at 03:01 PM. Reason: additional questions
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    IF you are able to make a backup, then the trial hasnt expired. If you had it installed, then reloaded it later the "trial" may have restarted. As long as it let you make a backup, and it doesnt expire between now and when you do a restore your "trial" should be ok.
    IF it is expired, you may still be ok since you can do the following "restore" by hand at any time as long as you can see the backup folder on the SD card.
    1. move the backup folder to a pc via memcard reader etc.
    2. use the install tool to install all files in that folder via hotsync.
    or
    1. use filex to access backup folder on sd card
    2. move all files from sd folder to palm card

THis will take forever either method, but should work. I have used the backup folder to do a maual reload of all apps after a hard reset before while on the road with no problems

Hope this helps
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmy600
    thanks again! I didn't see your post before posting about backupman. Thanks, I can't thank y'all enough!

One quick question -- is the new treo going to recognize my card?

The card should ahve a copy of backup man on it via the earlier prompt you mentioned. All you need to do is pop the card in, change the home page to the card, and launch backupvfs
    Run restore.....wait....wait some more....wait (did I mention this can be very very slow) then do a soft reset if prompted.
    All done. As mentioned before, I have done this while in a best buys to verify that my "sew" treo was OK before I would accept an exchange.
  8.    #8  
    OH, thanks. I'll also do it in the store! Should I hard reset the old one so nobody will get my data?
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Once your data is ok on the new one I would. Depends on what you have on it if its worth the trouble. If its just some phone numbers and apps nah, but if its passwords and bank aco**** info, I sure would.

Let us know how the swap goes tonight!!
  10.    #10  
    swap was amazing! I popped the card in the new treo and was completely restored in 3 or 4 minutes! When I opened Snapper mail it even took me into the last email I was reading inthe exactbplace inthat message where I left off! Many many thanks for ALL who assisted with info.