1.    #1  
    I have some text messages that are being received by my Treo600 as MMS messages. My provider DOES charge much more for MMS messages.

Why are these messages that do NOT have any pictures coming in as MMS messages?

Thank you.
    I've seemed to notice that messages (even text only) sent to my "phonenumber@tmomail.net" address show up as MMS.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    if this is TMO, once you send even one MMS, you get logged to the MMS database and that is how messages get delivered. You need to ask TMO tier II wireless support to remove you from the MMS database.

caveat - unless they have changed how they do this in the last few months.
    From what someone told me in a another thread that I started, the following applies (at least for T-Mobile):

If you have MMS activated, and the incoming message is longer than 140 characters, it will come in as MMS rather than SMS.

Theoretically you can contact your mobile provider about turning off MMS, but they don't seem to know what I am talking about at T-Mobile, and told me it was all in my phone. And sending an MMS message out from the phone will reactivate it.

This is all based on hearsay, but that is all we get to go on when T-Mobile customer support is so pathetic for the T600...

Hope that helps.

-Sim
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noisygecko
    Theoretically you can contact your mobile provider about turning off MMS, but they don't seem to know what I am talking about at T-Mobile, and told me it was all in my phone. And sending an MMS message out from the phone will reactivate it.
    My experience has been that you must explicitly ask to be connected to Tier 2 wireless support, and explicitly ask to be removed from the MMS database......

I had to do this twice.......