1.    #1  
    This will seem like a silly question: what should be the behavior of Treo 600 after either Soft or System Resets?

E-mail from PalmOne Support says that I should get the Welcome screen followed by the General Preference screen. Well! That is not what I get - I do get the dial pad in each case. I do get the Welcome and General Preferences screens after Hard or Battery Disconnect Resets. However, Soft or System Resets following the latter two still give me the dial pad.

Background: I updated to Treo600-ROW-1.12. After updating, when I try to open jpeg attachments within SnapperMail with Camera my Treo resets itself. When I try to open the attachments with JpegWatchLite, on the other hand, everything works fine. I contacted SnapperMail and was told that the problem was with the update and PalmOne should fix it. PalmOne via e-mail - took them forever to answer - told me to perform resets: Soft, System, Hard, and Battery Disconnect and see whether the problem would go away. In the instructions PalmOne advised that successful resets are followed by the Welcome and General Preferences screens. That is not what I get after Soft or System Resets. And, of course, the problem persists - use of Camera within SnapperMail still resets Treo.

Thus my question: what should I get after Soft or System Resets? If indeed Welcome and General Preferences screens should appear, why am I not getting them? Other than this issue with Camera in SnapperMail everything else seems to be working fine.

In another thread someone else reported the same problem with Camera resetting Treo. Anyone else noticed that? Is there a solution?

Oh, by-the-way, Camera and SnapperMail co-existed just fine before updating to 1.12!

Thank you in advance for your thoughts and suggestions!
    Last edited by piotrek; 06/23/2004 at 09:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I have a generic GSM Treo with the 1.12 update. After a soft reset, I get the "Palm Powered" screen, followed by the Dial Pad.
    Talldog
  3.    #3  
    Thank you for this confirmation. I think that this is what I was getting before the 1.12 update: Palm Powered and the dial pad. So why PalmOne says I should get the Welcome and General Preferences screens. Actually, it is quite upsetting that PalmOne can not get me a straight answer. I asked them about it in e-mail and they sent me to a phone number that happens to be Sprint support line. Don't they see that my Treo is an unbranded GSM phone?

I tried a Soft Reset on my old Visor with OS 3.5 and sure enough I did get the Welcome and General Preferences screens. But this does not seem to be the case with Treo 600. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by piotrek
    Thank you for this confirmation. I think that this is what I was getting before the 1.12 update: Palm Powered and the dial pad. So why PalmOne says I should get the Welcome and General Preferences screens. Actually, it is quite upsetting that PalmOne can not get me a straight answer. I asked them about it in e-mail and they sent me to a phone number that happens to be Sprint support line. Don't they see that my Treo is an unbranded GSM phone?

I tried a Soft Reset on my old Visor with OS 3.5 and sure enough I did get the Welcome and General Preferences screens. But this does not seem to be the case with Treo 600. Anyone else?
    if you do a hard-reset, you will get the welcome and general preference screen and you will ask to set the language preference.

why are you so upset and why would you care what it would happen after soft-reset?
  5.    #5  
    Superfire:

I am more concerned than upset. I did not have this SnapperMail/Camera problem before upgrading to ROW-1.12. Now SanpperMail points toward PalmOne, and PalmOne tells me do all kinds of resets. If a successful Soft Reset is indeed followed by the Welcome and General Preferences screens and I get something else (the phone dial pad in my case) then I do have yet another problem. That is all I am trying to figure out right now - do I have another problem.