Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ^^ mmm I get the key not displaying on the screen sometimes, but the keyguard is actually on, although so far this has happened twice and both times when minutes plus was the active app, so not sure if it is just that program, will keep an eye on it!
    I've turned the unit on and have been able to use the 5-way to move around--that's how I know the Keyguard isn't enabled. Usually I discover this because my unit is turned on by Snappermail for instance, to check my mail. In the past, once it finishes its work the auto-off kicks in 5 seconds later and the unit shuts off. Now, sometimes the screen stays on for 2 minutes (the "auto-off" I have set in Treo's prefs application), which is how I usually get tipped off the keyguard was never enabled. Perhaps this happened before and I never realized it, but I really think it started happening only on Butler 1.7 and above.
    "Oooh oooh aaah aaah! Slap!" - MAdMoNKEY
    Global Posts
    286 Global Posts
    The voice mail alert is not working on my Sprint T600 in version 1.71

The LED will not indicate new voice mail no matter what I set it to.

Will try another delete and reinstall.

Yep. That fixed it. Strange, but all is good again in Butler land.
    Last edited by jwbekens; 06/26/2004 at 06:26 PM.
    I seem to be having a problem with Technician 0.51 and Bulter 1.71 in conjunction with either PocketTunes 2.3 or PocketTunes 3.0 -- neither app will allow me to view any MP3 files, which PocketTunes will locate on it's own. The MP3 files are located on an SD card -- would that make any difference?

Thanks..
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by moniker
    I seem to be having a problem with Technician 0.51 and Bulter 1.71 in conjunction with either PocketTunes 2.3 or PocketTunes 3.0 -- neither app will allow me to view any MP3 files, which PocketTunes will locate on it's own. The MP3 files are located on an SD card -- would that make any difference?

Thanks..
    PT and butler expect mp3s to be in the default /audio/ folder on the sd card. If they are elsewhere, you can let the apps know in the preferences menu.

Drop me a line if you're still stuck
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by joele
    ^^ mmm I get the key not displaying on the screen sometimes, but the keyguard is actually on, although so far this has happened twice and both times when minutes plus was the active app, so not sure if it is just that program, will keep an eye on it!

The key has got better and better - but it's still not perfect. Particularly, it still doesn't work with some pop-up alert screens.
    I'm not stressing about it now (it seems good enough) but might have another go at some point...
    Hobbyist Software
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    fair enough, it isn't a big issue ATM
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    PT and butler expect mp3s to be in the default /audio/ folder on the sd card. If they are elsewhere, you can let the apps know in the preferences menu.

Drop me a line if you're still stuck
    Thanks. It seems the issue is that Butler/Technician expect them to be in the "root" /audio/ folder whereas all my songs are actually located in a subfolder. pTunes actually will (obviously) allow me to browse to subdirectories.

So all I needed to do was basically specify /audio/<subfolder_with_mp3s>/ and all is well.

FYI, and thanks.
    I CANT DOWLOAD THE FREEWARE IN HOBBYIST SOFTWARE. HAS THE LINK BEEN DISABLED? WOuld want to try it. Thanks!
  10.    #30  
    It Works For Me!
    Hobbyist Software
    I'm running Butler version 1.7 - have noticed that a soft reset causes Attention Grabber to forget some (not all) settings. If I uncheck the Incoming Call and SMS boxes, they are checked after a soft reset. Any ideas? Great little program - JSG
    Clarification: I'm seeing this happen w/ version 1.71
    JSG
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgreen
    I'm running Butler version 1.7 - have noticed that a soft reset causes Attention Grabber to forget some (not all) settings. If I uncheck the Incoming Call and SMS boxes, they are checked after a soft reset. Any ideas? Great little program - JSG
    I can't replicate this - is anyone else finding this?
    Hobbyist Software
    my apologies - I was selecting "Enable All" thinking this meant "Enable Butler" everyting I made a change to an alert setting. This (obviously) was the reason for the attention grabber settings being reset.

I thought I had to do this b/c I thought I wasn't getting all my reminders. l'll pay better attention. Sorry for the confusion. jsg
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12