Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    MotionApps just released their first voice recorder for Treo 600: mVoice 1.0. The features look very good to me, particularly one-button recording and use of an industry standard sound file format (though other voice recorders have those too).

There are now four voice recorders for Treo 600 that I'm aware of. All of them require the 1.12 version software/firmware upgrade, of course. They are:

You can search the TC forum for people's comments about each of these, of course. SoundRec is the only free one (donations are accepted).
    ok so how much is it?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    I ask because it doesn't seem to be on theirx
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Quote Originally Posted by Woof
    ok so how much is it?
    $24.99 (it's in a small font link below mVoice links heading)
    Wow, 25 bucks? I think I will stay with SoundRec (much less than that).
    Treo 600 GSM
    $25 yikes. impressed with themselves aren't they?
    — Ed Howdershelt
    Are these people @ motionApps not aware that there is a free app that does the same thing. Get a clue, buy a vowel or something guys.
    jees, people CHOICES ARE GOOD!!! Stop *****ing!

It's amazing everyone expects all software to be free. If you like the app buy it, if you don't then don't...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    jees, people CHOICES ARE GOOD!!! Stop *****ing!

It's amazing everyone expects all software to be free. If you like the app buy it, if you don't then don't...
    I really don't know whether the misunderstanding is from the inference or the assumed implication, allow me to clarify. By no means am I suggesting the software should be free. What I am saying is, one would think they would shop their competition and price aggressively/competitively.
    Last edited by Godstyle; 06/22/2004 at 06:08 PM. Reason: clarification
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    Re prices, this is one thing that bothers me immensly in the PDA market, I am not fooling myself that all software should be free (of course not thats silly) but setting stupidly high (greedy) prices can only hurt them when there are cheaper (and even free) alternatives that have been around longer.... If the price was half that they would sell ten times more, you do the math
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I have and it is FAR from impressive!
    I downloaded the SoundRec and MVoice.
    The MVoice has a nicer interface...BUT I'm having a big problem and would be very interested to hear if others are too! When I try to use the SEND function....a feature NOT available on SoundRec, it starts to transfer the file to Snapper but then the whole Treo600 reboots!

Not a good thing! Has anyone else been able to use Mvoice on a 600 and make the SEND function attach the file to an email?
    Jim
    have the same problem every time i send it crashes went back to using sound rec.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I use the default 'Mail' program & mVoice sends the file perfectly for me.
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    Well Exciter it's good to know it works for someone.
    I wonder if the difference is that you are using the new MAIL program that comes with the updated system. I use Snapper Mail because it has more features.

I'll be curious to see if the other two guys who replied that SEND does NOT work for them are using MAIL or Snapper.
    Jim
    Jim
    I tested it with both "Mail" app and "SM" app and it works fine with the Mail app but immediately resets with Snapper.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I like mVoice but can't see spending $24.95 on something I really don't need. I also think SoundRec records a better sounding wav, but the files tend to be much bigger that the ones recorded with mVoice.

Kirby
    Treo 650 unlocked & locked with Cingular
    I downloaded the trial version of mvoice but it stops recording when the Treo powers off (automatic after 3 minutes). Developer claims it keeps recording in background even after powering off. Does anyone have experience with this and how it can be done? Or perhaps it's just the trial version that won't do this?
    Thought it would be time to update this thread. I just got a replacement Treo 600 via Lockline. This Treo came with the Sprint 1.20 updater and I was dying to try out the new sound record apps. Though the price is hefty, I'm sticking with mVoice, now in version 2.9 (Glad I waited). It's a great app. I still have a few days left with the free trial.

Related question: When you synch MVoice to your Treo and Vice Versa, to the .wav files get synched too? I'm on the verge of getting a SD card (SanDisk Ultra II 1GB or 2GB card) and to temporarily save Palm OS real estate, I'm thinking of temporarily deleteting my .wav files. I won't delete them until I hear from you guys/gals on any suggestions.

###
    oops. I meant to type a "0" and not a "9." It's version 2.0 of mVoice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast