Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know what you mean by temporarily deleting the WAV files? Once they are deleted they are gone. I have tried all of the record programs and I agree that mVoice is a nice application. I think it is the second best one as I put Audacity above it.
    Cuter,

Please see my revised question on .wav files here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post614188
    MVoice does not include a conduit so you will have trouble transfering the files. Audacity does have a conduit so you can get the files to the PC, but there would be no way to get them back on the handheld. I think you need a card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuter
    MVoice does not include a conduit so you will have trouble transfering the files. Audacity does have a conduit so you can get the files to the PC, but there would be no way to get them back on the handheld. I think you need a card.
    you do not necessarily need a conduit. all you have to do is record to the card and then use a card reader to read the file off. since ram is limited it doesnt make any sense to record to ram and the conduit is useless.

You can also try Personal Audio Recorder www.toysoft.ca/par.html It can record to ram and on the card with different settings. supports both T600/650 and Tungsten. You can also record in compressed format on the T650.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Regarding SD cards and conduits, how about audacity? I've read posts that it's a great program:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=audacity
    ###
    Using the Audacity Conduit is much easier than having to worry about a card reader. Audacity really has two programs and the conduit works differently in each. With the Audacity Personal you can record directly to either Internal or SD memory. When you do a HotSync the files will automatically be transferred to the PC. Compressed files are automatically expanded so you can listen to them with any PC WAV player.

With the Audacity Professional, you can record directly to either Internal or SD memory. A PC program called LAM (local Audacity Manager) which is packaged with the handheld application handles the conduit function and provides a variety of file management functions. It automatically transfers the files to the handheld with a HotSync unless you have changed the file to a hold status. It will delete the file from the handheld either immediately or after a programmable period time, it color codes the handheld files as new, held, or already transferred, it archives the files, it will automatically email or FTP the file to a default or file specific destination, it can change the file format to another format, and it does a bunch of other stuff to numerous to mention. The good thing is that once you set it up, it is all automatic; you can set the defaults and then change them on a file by file basis if you wish.

Audacity Audio also has a service called AudioMail that allows you to send highly compressed files right from your Treo with a press of the navigation pad. The files move fairly slow with todays networks, but if you are sitting in a taxi or something, slow is better than nothing at all.
    Wow! This is a great program! You've sold me! Once I get it up and running (might take a week or so as I have other errands that demand my attention), I wonder if there's away to open up mVOice's wav from Audacity. Regarding its AudioMail, I figure once Sprint gets its data network upgraded, that feature will sell itself!

Almost forgot: how much memory does Audacity take up? And does Audacity have a demo/free trial version? Again, any reviews on the Web?
    ###
    I don't think that you will be able to play mVoice created files with an Audacity program. I'm not sure why you would want to. My wife and I are both Audacity users. She uses Audacity Personal on a Treo 600; it is 366K. I use Audacity Professional on a Treo 650; It is 555K. She records to the SD card, but I record to internal memory. I record at compressed 12 kbps and a one minute file is only about 90 K. For being such a small file it is really quite good quality audio. Both programs came with a free trial for a limited time period. I am not aware of any reviews, but I do remember someone posting a comparison of several recorders last summer. The reviewer seemed to favor Audacity. That is what got my attention.
    Still gunning for the Audicity client. In the meantime, I download a free trial of MVoice 2.5. Though I moved it to the SD card and for some reason the .wav files aren't recoginized. Did something get lost in translation? (All my wav files are in tact.) I think my mVoice database files are currupt--or got deleted. Anyway to rebuild that stuff?

Since a wav file is a wav file, I figure I could try a trial version of Audacity and see if I could import those wav files...
    ###
    I solved my own problem. Luckily, I still had the wav files stored on my 'ol T600. I discovered that you can, from the mVoice app itself, move/re-position the files from internal memory to an SD card. So once I ported the files to the SD card on my T600, I removed the same SD card and put it in my T650...behold, my T650 recognized both the program and the wav files!

Oddly enough, beaming the wav files from my T600 to the T650 didn't do anything. (both Treos already had the mVoice app installed).

Now I know why those Wav files may be propietary to mVoice. I'm hoping other sound apps can use those wav files.

The only thing to figure out now is to copy those wav files onto another SD card (back-up!) without any conflicts like mVoice not recognizing them. I think I'll try a trial version of Audacity Conduit real soon!
    ###
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12