1.    #1  
    So I'm running to the employee bus today in the parking lot at work and the treo is in my hand and then all of a sudden it is not. The poor thing took a few sliding bounces on the asphalt before it came to a rest.

The good news? No cracked screen and it still works. The bad news is that the front of the plastic in the upper corner is busted off so the faceplat is not too secure...Anyone know of a place that sells treo faceplates, or where I could find a dead one to get the face plate?

It is a sprint palmone model.

Thanks in advance.,
    TJ
    Last edited by kingzing; 06/21/2004 at 04:51 PM.
  2. JJL
    Quote Originally Posted by kingzing
    So I'm running to the employee bus today in the parking lot at work and the treo is in my hand and then all of a sudden it is not. The poor thing took a few sliding bounces on the asphalt before it came to a rest.

The good news? No cracked screen and it still works. The bad news is that the front of the plastic in the upper corner is busted off so the faceplat is not too secure...Anyone know of a place that sells treo faceplates, or where I could find a dead one to get the face plate?

It is a sprint palmone model.

Thanks in advance.,
    TJ
    There is a "shady" way to do this-if you can wait for 30 days. Sign up for the Sprint insurance, then in 30 days when it kicks in, call them and tell them you dropped it.

Before I get flamed for this, I am not advocating you commit insurance fraud, this is just the easiest way I know of.
    Another "shady" way to get it fixed is to run into the bank and tell them you will shoot them unless they give you lots of money.

I'm not advocating you rob a bank, this is just a fast way to get money.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    The insurance doesn't cover cosmetic damage, however bad- this may still be considered just that if it is fully functional
    You could check eBay for dead Treos. You may want to give Palm a call and see what they charge for repairs. Or, you could commit insurance fraud and walk around with a broken phone for 30 days...and in the process help in pushing the rates of the insurance up...
    I believe you can buy dumby phone cases online for any model. Do a search and you should be able to get a replacement faceplate...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Super glue used sparingly?
    Sorry you dropped your phone. I did the same thing, but only got a couple of scuffs. I was amazed the screen survived and I only had a couple of scratches. I dropped a clie once from not as high and it was FUBAR.

good luck.
    Last edited by dutchtrumpet; 06/21/2004 at 05:57 PM. Reason: punctuation
  8.    #8  
    It looks like I am gonna have to super glue it..I cannot find any faceplates on the web. I will look for deadones on ebay, though. It is a little more then cosmetic, as the ear piece has to be pushed in about a half a millimeter with my ear for me to hear the speaker. I will have to use the glue to hold that together and then wait for it to screw up so I can get my fourth one in 10 months I am addicted to this thing so it will be worth dealing with.