1.    #1  
    Lately when I am using my headset (jabra corded freespeak) I am hearing an intermittent popping noise. It's not constant but very annoying. Have heard this on previous phone(on my 3rd) and with different headsets. Wondering if anyone knows what this is. It sounds like the phone is clicking on and off.

Anyone have a clue?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Have heard the same with different headsets...not sure what it is but wrote it off as normal
    Yep same here. I figured it was verifying the signal.
  4.    #4  
    Thats what I thought too. Although it doesnt always do it. Some days yes, somedays no. Damn annoying no matter what. Stupid design if you ask me. who wants to listen to popping and cracking while you're going down the road?
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    This happens right before the Jabra headset blows! I went through two wined-ups (@25 a pop) before I learned the treo will blow the darn things. Now I got me a Zip-Linq!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Good to hear others are experiencing the same. I'm using the "Boom" and wasn't sure if it was the Treo or it. Least it to say....very annoying
    Does zip-linq work well with the t600?
    -------------------------------------------------
    Long time Palmer: Original Palm Pilot > Pilot III > Pilot V > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 755p > Pre
    It's the Treo.
    I don't use any headsets and I hear it sometimes.
    I always ask the other person if it was them but they never know what I'm talking about. The damn thing is so loud I sure think you loose some brain cells as an after math
    If your graphic equalizer is enabled, your settings might be causing these popping sounds.Some tunes could easily trigger these sounds. Disable it and see if the problem persists. Otherwise, it could be your headset.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    And where can you find 'the graphic equalizer'?
    Because i aint never seen it...and I have no headsets...and I've heard the sound...hmm?
    Bring up the Pocket Tunes screen on your Treo, Press Menu, Tools, and then Graphic Equalizer. I'm not sure if this option is available on the Pocket Tunes Deluxe version only.

This also fixed the popping and crackling sounds on my speakerphone music. If you do have the Equalizer enabled, adjust the settings to any of those shown in the iTunes music player (free download from Apple.com, even for Windows PC) This will give you a whole set of sounds that will make your Treo as good as the famous iPod.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    My Dear child...i had a feeling this is what you were talking about but had to wait for your response.

I would understand the equalizer getting in the way and making these strange sound while the phone is ringing (with LW) or just right after you answer it as it takes a bit of time before LW gives PT the signal to stop playing, however the sounds that we are talking about (well at least me) are heard way in the middle of a conversation or even to the ending...not particularly at the beginning.
    But just to reinforce what I am trying to explain to you...my equalizer is disabled...always been
    Thanks for the suggestion though