7 31.82%
  • Average - still usable

3 13.64%
  • Poor - doesn't work as expected

1 4.55%
  • Useless - what a waste of money!

1 4.55%
  1.    #1  
    Hi, after reading the discussion about the Seidio 2 in 1 headset I am in two minds about whether to buy it or not. Sounds like a lot of people have had problems in the past, but it's not clear if Seidio has managed to fix them, or if there are still build quality issues.

Discussion:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=43993

Product:
    http://store.treocentral.com/accesso...ew.php?a_id=45

If you have used the Seidio 2 in 1, can you please indicate your experience with it. I am interested in hearing from people who have a recent (since March 2004) model.

Thanks!
    Mike
    It works great. The sound is fine for me, but audiophiles might criticize it.

The first Seidio headset didn't really work, from what I've read. This revision is gold.

BTW, People I talk to on the phone tell me that the the voice quality with the Seidio headset is much better than with either the built-in mic or included headset.
    I had to send mine back (free replacement on its way) due to some crackling sounds caused by the wire near the jack that goes into the 600. I am having major withdrawals without it, and am about to go insane while waiting on the replacement. So - I love it, and can't wait for the new one to show up. I think this one accessory can fundamentally change how you use your 600 - if you're into music at all, and like having your digital music with you at all times, you HAVE to get this device. It is great.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I love mine.
    The sound quality is good and microphone works fine.
    Mine works fine.

No complaints.
    The Treo and the Seidio 2-in-1 are a dream come true for me. I did vote Good though because the sound could be better, but its not bad. It works flawlessly until the clip breaks. Mine broke after a couple months so I took the clip off of the headset included with the Treo and stuck it on the Seidio's wire below the mic. I clip it on upside down, which makes the wire lengths perfect. IMO that works better than the original except the mic is a bit further away (problem if your a low talker) but you can clip it to the side of your collar to get it closer.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Why anyone would use the Seldio supplied headset is beyond me. If you want better sound, get the 2 in 1 adapter then get a good pair of headphones from Sony or JVC or Panasonic. The Sony street style headphones with noise cancelling feature is awesome for the Treo, makes it sound louder without having to crank up the volume even further. (It was great with my Tungsten T)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Why anyone would use the Seldio supplied headset is beyond me. If you want better sound, get the 2 in 1 adapter then get a good pair of headphones from Sony or JVC or Panasonic. The Sony street style headphones with noise cancelling feature is awesome for the Treo, makes it sound louder without having to crank up the volume even further. (It was great with my Tungsten T)
    True, but what about the mic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Why anyone would use the Seldio supplied headset is beyond me.
    Because when you attach regular headphones to a 2-1 adapter the microphone hangs down past your waist (and I'm not fond of clipping the microphone to my shirt)
    yep - the two in one adapter just makes the mic too dang far away. So - if your main use of the 600 is for music and PDA/surfing stuff, and only getting the rare phone call, then perhaps the adapter would make sense. Otherwise, like slap said, having the mic down at your waist, or whereever (with soooo much cord in between) just won't work for lots of phone calls. Unless you like yelling at your waist.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    .. Unless you like yelling at your waist.
    or you talk out of your a$$, which I have been acused of doing
    Quote Originally Posted by webslappy
    Because when you attach regular headphones to a 2-1 adapter the microphone hangs down past your waist (and I'm not fond of clipping the microphone to my shirt)
    Sony w.ear and street style model 74 headphones wires can detach to become 0.5m long, and 0.5m (20") is not that much of a hassle to roll up to make it a good 8". (It's 0.5m long, plus it has a 1.0m long extension for audio players that don't have the inline remote controls)

Donald
    is somebody selling these for lower than $29.95? i did a google search and it looked like seidioonline.com had them for $24.95 for awhile, but not now.
    Off to iPhone land...
    Hi all,
    I finally ordered a set of the earphones from Seidio, and here's my take:
    1. First of all, the earbuds themselves were way too large and uncomfortable. I have normal sized ears, so I don't think it's me. My Sony MDR-EX71SL earbuds came with three sizes of pads, and I use the middle ones.
    2. Sound quality is not great. There is virtually no bass, with the sound dropping off from the lower midrange. The speakers inside the earbuds also distort very easily, especially when I messed around with the equalizer in pTunes. I don't listen to very bass-heavy music either, but a wide range. I did a back-to-back comparison with the Sonys and frankly, there is no comparison. The Seidios were tinny, fatiguing, and missing huge portions of the sound spectrum.
    3. I decided to send them back and get the adaptor instead to use with the Sonys, which have a short cord. I will still have to clip the microphone closer to my mouth to speak, but that's fine. I will post results once the adaptor arrives.
    4. I had no problems with Seidio, and they were responsive to my emails. I think others have complained about poor customer service, but that was not my experience at all.

Good luck!
    - hoju
    I got the 2-in-1 adapter version, but as you can see (attached ) the cables tend to be a bit much. I love the device and the concept though. Maybe what I need is a set of earbuds with retractable cord when I travel since that's the end that gets too long
    Attached Images Attached Images