Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    I've been using TextAmerica since the first of this month, not only submitting my own pictures, but doing a lot of browsing of other people's phone blogs. The Treo camera definitely holds it's own, and in many cases is capable of taking much better shots than most other phones, at least if you use the unscientific anecdotal evidence on TextAmerica.

Compare some of my shots particularly outdoor shots to others. Could the camera and software be better? Yes. But it's not the total piece of crap some would have you believe.
    I have no real complaints about my camera either.... particularly when you add MovieRec or Live software to give video capacity to it.
    Those shots are either FAKE or Palm have seriously upgraded the built in camera.

My shots are risable and I wouldn't even call them in-focus and it cannot cope with low light levels.
    The camera is good quality in bright area's but as soon as it's a little dark or artificial lighting then it bercomes of horrible qualitry withblue dots everywhere.
    Here... check out this PICTURE from my last vacation. It was taken with my T600.
    Bujin,

Were all of those pics taken from your Treo? I am heading to Hawaii and have to have my Treo with me for work, but hadn't occurred to me use it for pics as well.

Thanks,

Reorg
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Reading
    Those shots are either FAKE or Palm have seriously upgraded the built in camera.

My shots are risable and I wouldn't even call them in-focus and it cannot cope with low light levels.
    None of my shots are fake. Every single one of them was taken with my Treo 600 and uploaded via Snappermail. I have hardware rev B, software rev 1.20.

If I gave a crap, I may resent the accusation.
    wow!
    great picture Bujin
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    None of my shots are fake. Every single one of them was taken with my Treo 600 and uploaded via Snappermail. I have hardware rev B, software rev 1.20.

If I gave a crap, I may resent the accusation.
    Actually, one picture has been altered. This one. I'm not aware of any way to get the Treo to take black and white shots, so I grayscaled it before I submitted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by reorg
    Bujin,

Were all of those pics taken from your Treo? I am heading to Hawaii and have to have my Treo with me for work, but hadn't occurred to me use it for pics as well.

Thanks,

Reorg
    Most were Treo shots, although one or two (the shot of the cruise ship, for example) were taken with a regular digital camera.
    Over in San Angelo (Texas) there's a mexican food restaurant called "Mejor Que Nada" which means "Better Than Nothing." That about sums up the average Treo 600 picture....
    Here's Another Sunset Pic as well as My Weblog. As I said, I think the camera does a fine job!

Some of the pics are of better quality than others, but the camera does what it should: get quick candids during times when you otherwise wouldn't have any shots at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    I've been using TextAmerica since the first of this month, not only submitting my own pictures, but doing a lot of browsing of other people's phone blogs. The Treo camera definitely holds it's own, and in many cases is capable of taking much better shots than most other phones, at least if you use the unscientific anecdotal evidence on TextAmerica.

Compare some of my shots particularly outdoor shots to others. Could the camera and software be better? Yes. But it's not the total piece of crap some would have you believe.

ugh. i hate that you have to be a member to leave comments
    Quote Originally Posted by shanice
    ugh. i hate that you have to be a member to leave comments
    What do you have to loose? Sign-up. Membership is FREE!
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    What do you have to loose? Sign-up. Membership is FREE!
    And it's a fun site - easy to leave pics for friends and family to see.
    Nice moblog site! (Mines just made the Editor's Pick last week).

Which software package did you use for your video's? I noticed there was no sound, but still nice to see decent video's. Many TA video's are not clear.

Thanks

P.S. Really liked the Fencing video. Just Rated it in the "Recent Votes" section of TA!
    Last edited by GeekyMom; 06/21/2004 at 11:59 PM.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    If you look at this picture it makes no comparison to those shown above. Clearly there has been a change to the camera since revision A.

http://homepage.mac.com/paul.reading...01_28Dec03.jpg
    The treo camera is comparable to other phone cameras. I've been pretty satisfied with it. You just have to wait for the blue dots to disappear, then you can take some pretty nice shots.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    I have no complaints about the Treo 600 camera images.

It's just the way it looks on the crappy 160x160 low resolution screen really kills it!!!! Other than that, pics look alright on the computer.

btw Latca, who is that a photo of in your signature? She's a hottie!!!
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    I agree that the camera's ok outdoors. Not so impressed indoors. Attached pic of my favourite outdoor shot.....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast