1.    #1  
    The other day I went looking for a picture that I knew was on my SD Card (Kingston 128 Mb). I started scrolling through the images, and all of a sudden the list of names started looking like a Chineese phone book (no insult intended). Selecting any of the images with the foreign characterset names yielded a broken image. Clicking next or prev caused a reset. Anyone know what's up? Do SD cards have a (short) lifespan? This card is only about 6 months old. It's almost as if an index or catalog has been scrambled. I don't want to lose the card - there's a ton of important stuff on it. I also run Botzam backup to the card automatically every night if that has any impact. Thanks, in advance,

Dunc
    try poping the card out and then in again and see if it changes
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Hi Dunc... My 2 cents: Purchase a multi-flash reader for your PC and see if the files can be recovered that way from the logical disD
    -C
  4.    #4  
    Popping the card in and out has no real affect on things. I just installed the Softick Card Export utility and it's awesome! I mounted my Treo as an external USB drive and copied everything off of it onto my harddrive, then I formatted the SD card, and restored all the items. All of the files, that I copied off the card, were 100% readable on my laptop. However, after restoring the files to the SD card I'm seeing the same results.

Dunc
    I have the same issue. Broken pictures and strange characters on a 256 meg sand disk. The card works ok in other devices so it must be Treo related. Anyone found a cure?
  6.    #6  
    Good! I'm glad I'm not just losing it here. Who is your carrier - I'm with Sprint and running the latest firmware, perhaps this is provider specific? Do you have alot of pictures saved on your card? I have 308 shots saved, and my 128 Mb has 46.2 Mb free. Not all of my pictures appear messed up - it's only a block of about 20 pictures in the middle of the folder. And, of course, all of the pictures / file names / etc. appear completely normal in every other device that I own.

Dunc