1.    #1  
    I'm on the fence about purchasing Lightwav. I've read a bunch of great things about it, and "on paper" it looks great. But one problem I'm having with the trial version is that when I upload a new mp3 onto the treo, Lightwav can't find it. Ptunes can find it just fine, but when Lightwav scans for new music, it can't find it.

Nothing funky going on in my setup. mp3s are saved to my card. Sound prefs are set for all of them to be "entire card". Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?
    Lightwav trial recognizes (I believe) mp3's under 1Mb. find a small mp3 file to install and test it out.
  3.    #3  
    Ah, thanks. Does the full version recognize bigger files?

As a side note, why are my mp3 files so big (about 4mb)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon
    Ah, thanks. Does the full version recognize bigger files?
    ABSOLUTELY! - just make sure you have the latest version of pTunes installed (3.0) and the necessary plugins for it

Quote Originally Posted by Monsoon
    As a side note, why are my mp3 files so big (about 4mb)?
    that tends to be the average mp3 file size for an average length song recorded at near cd quality (128)

you can certainly record mp3's at a lower bitrate and sacrifice quality a bit or you can look into other formats such as OGG or WMA. From what I've heard, OGG can have a significantly lower bitrate than an mp3 and still have a similar audio quality.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks. You've been so helpful! That was the last hurdle to going ahead and purchasing the product...which I just did. You were right, the full version finds all the files just fine.