1.    #1  
    near the end of the reward/bribe bounty for bluetooth thread, there is a post linking you to a packet 8 service.

broadband speeds are offered on landlines i believe but did not see how it might be offered to the treo 600

im wondering if the treo 600 would be capable of broadband speeds with its current hardware if the proper service provider offered it to the treo?

the poster said sprint was behind the curve due to its unwillingness to embrace bluetooth.

well, if we activated our treo 600s on this packet 8 service, would it be possible if someone developed the right drivers? make no mistake, i would most certainly fork over a healthy bounty to the developer to enable broadband on the treo... let me make THAT point crystal clear.

something tells me that the treo's hardware is not capable of broadband and also that a driver might not do it,, but just wanted to pose this question.

CAN WE DO IT?
    I am no expert but since this thread went unanswered I will throw in my 2 cents.

No, it would not work. You are talking about the ev-do revision of the 1xrtt (vision) data protocol. This is going to require significant modifications to hardware in order to adopt. More importantly, the treo 600 will be long since history by the time sprint makes the network upgrades. Your next toy may have it, but probably not the treo. (At least for sprint)

-rob
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  3.    #3  
    appreciate your response, rob.
    I didn't think it was possible but thought id give it a go.

my guess is that broadband data will probably be available not on the next generation treo but the one after it.
  4.    #5  
    nice link, morphiend! i do remember watching this video a while ago but it was good to review it again. awesome sprint phone screen!

looking forward to the days of mobile dsl, where we will look back and shudder to think that our treos operated on 60 - 100 kbits/second!
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214
    near the end of the reward/bribe bounty for bluetooth thread, there is a post linking you to a packet 8 service.

broadband speeds are offered on landlines i believe but did not see how it might be offered to the treo 600

im wondering if the treo 600 would be capable of broadband speeds with its current hardware if the proper service provider offered it to the treo?

the poster said sprint was behind the curve due to its unwillingness to embrace bluetooth.

well, if we activated our treo 600s on this packet 8 service, would it be possible if someone developed the right drivers? make no mistake, i would most certainly fork over a healthy bounty to the developer to enable broadband on the treo... let me make THAT point crystal clear.

something tells me that the treo's hardware is not capable of broadband and also that a driver might not do it,, but just wanted to pose this question.

CAN WE DO IT?
    I can't find the link you reference. Can you post it here in this thread?

...David
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2