Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    smiley, if you assign silent to general preferences when assigning mp3 to specific contact, then all contacts without mp3 assigned to them ring silent. is there any way to silence the general ringtone only as to the contacts I have assigned mp3 rings to?
    Quote Originally Posted by ido
    smiley, if you assign silent to general preferences when assigning mp3 to specific contact, then all contacts without mp3 assigned to them ring silent. is there any way to silence the general ringtone only as to the contacts I have assigned mp3 rings to?
    what you need to do is set "known" and "unknown" callers to "silent" in the Sound Prefs app. You then in lightwav set a default ringtone in the Treo tab screen. whenever someone calls the default ringtone will be used unless you have assigned the caller a ringtone in the Individual Contact setup.

so, if you had not assigned a default ringtone in lwav then you will hear nothing.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    thanks, smiley! I appreciate that you understood my very poorly explained problem, and solved it!
    Quote Originally Posted by tymerock
    What will be so amazing about the new version to come out?

Just to add to post #10, I don't think CallShield recognize mp3 in the ram, only on SD card
    Be patient and you will see the new version is way ahead of its competition. Like the current version, the developer wants to make sure it is stable on all the different firmwares, especially Sprint's. You have to appreciate this. You wouldn't want a quick release full of bugs, would you?.
    Last edited by fishnetb; 07/06/2004 at 01:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnetb
    Be patient and you will see the new version is way ahead of its competition. Like the current version, the developer wants to make sure it is stable on all the different firmwares, especially Sprint's. You have to appreciate this. You wouldn't want a quick release full of bugs, would you?
    hmmm..let me see "way ahead of its competition"?? Lightwav can play wav/mp3/ogg/wma in ram, video caller, gif callerID pictureID and video callerID for months now. hhmmm...
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    hmmm..let me see "way ahead of its competition"?? Lightwav can play wav/mp3/ogg/wma in ram, video caller, gif callerID pictureID and video callerID for months now. hhmmm...
    Smiley88,

You will see what I am talking about when it is released.
    Neither worked ...and yes IRTFM. This is partially what I meant about these programs being unstable everyone has different issues and my 5 way nav doesn't function at all on Lightwav. I never trashed the app - read my post again ! wonder if you RTFP (post)!

FROM MY ORIGINAL POST
    * Easy with the stone throwing people this is just my opinion here
    * I am not knocking either company, I love these apps and I have had great responses to my emails.

Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    You know it's funny to know if anyone actually RTFM before they talking the bad and good. In Lightwav if you answer the call with the center button in the 5 way this stops the sound and the caller does not hear any sound. You can also press the up/down volume keys on the side or tap on the screen to stop the sound then answer the call.
    BUTTERCUP
    How far a long is this the “New Callfilter”?

Can you give us a released date?

What does Callfilter offer that will make me feel that I need to give up the programs that I have now for Callfilter?

Just so everyone knows who don’t know. I don’t like Callfilter; I feel that Callfilter in its present state is not right for me. Plus the price is too high, for so little.

Please do no talk around the questions, just answer them.
    Like tymerock, I too have never been a fan of callfilter and is still waiting to see what's "way ahead of its competition". I'd be willing to switch if and when this is true and it handles SMS features better.

Price is not really an option for me. I feel that whatever app you are using to control your Phone/SMS features are just as valuable as the Treo itself. If this app crashes your device, then your T600 is worthless.

Callfilter's weakest link is on the SMS management side. Will I be able to have ringtones for when text in SMS is triggered such as "server down"? How about SMS addresses? I can do these in CallShield today and find them VERY important and would not even consider the switch until then.
    I also opted for Callshield because of the SMS options as well, and great that it handles MP3's as ringtone (that was a bonus for me). Callfilter does not at this point, regardless when this 'way ahead of its competition' update appears. I will believe it when I see it
    BUTTERCUP
    How far a long is this the “New Callfilter”?

Can you give us a released date?

What does Callfilter offer that will make me feel that I need to give up the programs that I have now for Callfilter?

Just so everyone knows who don’t know. I don’t like Callfilter; I feel that Callfilter in its present state is not right for me. Plus the price is too high, for so little.

Please do no talk around the questions, just answer them.

Tymerock,

Callfilter will be released very soon. When it is released, you will see what I am talking about. Trust me you will not be disappointed. Because of Callfilter's competitive edge over the others the developer does not divulge its feature set so when it is released it blows the competition out of the water. You’ll see.
    lol, you still did not answer my questions, but i will wait an see.
    lol, you still did not answer my questions, but i will wait an see.
    What do you want him to say? He's not the developer and certainly can't divulge the information you request, if only because of a gentleman's non-disclosure agreement.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, 1989
    Just got a alpha release of the new callshield from the developer which is awsome. I mean Wow. No matter what features callfilter is going to offer, this version of callshield will top it. The UI looks better and is much easier to use. The call handling features are through the roof now. Been using it for a couple of weeks and it is suprisingly stable. Can't say more, but please hold your breath.
    Hmmm, my callshield 2.0 alpha has been buggy where it crashes just simply hitting OK or Cancel. Still a superior phone/sms management app.
    callshield 2.0 me.....oneday
    Help me out, if you don't mind...

When y'all say CallFilter and/or CallShield will be released "shortly", is 'shortly' being used in the context of geologic time?

Jeez!
    --
    TreoBill Abides
    I agree treo bill, will they be released before the next iceage? I guess whover releases 1st wins..money & customers and the loser is SOL... SO LETS GET EM RELEASED ALREADY!!! Geez.. like trying to get a BJ from my wife... lots of hope and waitin...but no show!!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnski1969
    I agree treo bill, will they be released before the next iceage? I guess whover releases 1st wins..money & customers and the loser is SOL... SO LETS GET EM RELEASED ALREADY!!! Geez.. like trying to get a BJ from my wife... lots of hope and waitin...but no show!!
    FYI, Lightwav 3.0 has been released. Now supports MIDI ringtones. The best Ringtone manager for the Treo600
    Is Lightwav 3.0 a free upgrade, or is there a fee?
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast