This is one of those minor-but-annoying issues that I would usually overlook, but it seems to be getting worse lately.

When I switch between apps using the hardware buttons (phone, calendar, mail and Sun) it used to be accompanied by a single sound, done in hardware - kind of a click, almost sounds like a ping-pong ball being paddled.

Soon after I got the Treo, certain switches (eg. i'm in Mail, and I press the Phone button) started adding additional clicks - at first it was 2 ping-pong clicks, then 3 or 4. Now I'm up to about 10 and it's really starting to get annoying. worst of all is the time delay - while stuff is clicking, the phone won't accept keyboard input. it goes by very quickly, but it's annoying beyond all belief.

is anyone else having this problem? has anyone solved it?
    Oops - I meant the sound is done in d
    Oops - I meant the sound is done in SOFTWARE. Not the audible click of the hard button being pushed. it's a system sound in addition to that...
    I had the same problem, I don't remember if just a soft reset cured it, or if I had to do a hard reset, but the problem has never returned.
  5. t4l
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tr3o
    This is one of those minor-but-annoying issues that I would usually overlook, but it seems to be getting worse lately.

When I switch between apps using the hardware buttons (phone, calendar, mail and Sun) it used to be accompanied by a single sound, done in hardware - kind of a click, almost sounds like a ping-pong ball being paddled.

Soon after I got the Treo, certain switches (eg. i'm in Mail, and I press the Phone button) started adding additional clicks - at first it was 2 ping-pong clicks, then 3 or 4. Now I'm up to about 10 and it's really starting to get annoying. worst of all is the time delay - while stuff is clicking, the phone won't accept keyboard input. it goes by very quickly, but it's annoying beyond all belief.

is anyone else having this problem? has anyone solved it?

Usually, a soft reset will solve the problem and make the clicking go away. What firmware version are you using ? The latest firmware from PalmOne makes this problem happen far less frequently for me.
    I have the exact same issue. Noticed it after the Sprint firmware upgrade. It's almost as if it's executing a macro when switching apps.
    I've always had this issue but it goes away with a soft reset. It eventually builds up again.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone