1.    #1  
    Since the Treo600 only plays in mono thru the OE external speaker, it would be nice to have a "mono' choice so we will not loose everything on the right channel, like we do now.

Please visit this link and request this feature.

http://www.pocket-tunes.com/scripts/support.php

Thanks, Matt Burkhard

Update: I aksed Normsoft that if they do add this as a feature (either a "button" on the PT skin, or in the menu area, to also have a choice for "Play stero on startup" for those (like me) that forget things.
    Last edited by Burkhardi; 06/19/2004 at 02:29 PM.
    Are you sure about that Matt? I think both channels of the Treo are being played through the Treo's mono speaker. You'll have to find a song with distinct L and R channel sounds, encode it and listen for yourself on the Treo speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Since the Treo600 only plays in mono thru the OE external speaker, it would be nice to have a "mono' choice so we will not loose everything on the right channel, like we do now.

Thanks, Matt Burkhard
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Are you sure about that Matt? I think both channels of the Treo are being played through the Treo's mono speaker. You'll have to find a song with distinct L and R channel sounds, encode it and listen for yourself on the Treo speaker.
    Nope, Pocket Tunes only plays throught the left (mono) side when playing through the internal speaker.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by newtreouser
    Yep, that's how i found it. I was shocked that it took 7months for it to bug me. I was jam'n to a song that has spoken words on the right side, and they were missing. I thought somehting was wrong, so I started to check into it and that's when I found that it's Left Audio only..

Bummer..
    ANyway, see what you get, and get back to us. If it's only left for you too, will you ask for a "mono" choice of some sort?
    Yep, that's how i found it. I was shocked that it took 7months for it to bug me. I was jam'n to a song that has spoken words on the right side, and they were missing. I thought somehting was wrong, so I started to check into it and that's when I found that it's Left Audio only..

Bummer..
    ANyway, see what you get, and get back to us. If it's only left for you too, will you ask for a "mono" choice of some sort?
    Left is the "mono" channel, the need a mono mode, to blend the channels so you don't miss what's happening on the right channel.
    I just encode my mp3s in mono because I don't ever use my Treo for serious music listening...
  7.    #7  
    I was suprised at first, at the limited replies and views, then I relaized, most people probably don't even play PT thru the speaker on the back of the treo. It's probably just a headset.
    I was suprised at first, at the limited replies and views, then I relaized, most people probably don't even play PT thru the speaker on the back of the treo. It's probably just a headset.
    Mono, is now on their list for future enhancements, per NormSoft.
  9.    #9  
    Cool, How did you find out? Email, little bird, their NG?
    Thanks for the 411!

Thanks, Matt Burkhard

Update: I aksed Normsoft that if they do add this as a feature (either a "button" on the PT skin, or in the menu area, to also have a choice for "Play stero on startup" for those (like me) that forget things.
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    AHHHHH RUN! more buggy software from toysoft! why dont you take all the time you use promoing this "new" software you are creating and fix the bugs on your original software.
    Quote Originally Posted by smiley88
    check out Freedom that will let you listen to mp3 and audio sound using any headset or ear piece and even the Treo supplied ear piece. goto www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
    HAHAHAHA!

For the price of that software you can buy 2 of those headsets. Why would anyone actually purchase this? Seriously.