1.    #1  
    Any ideas on how to recover?
    Just let it dry on it's on for a day or two and then try to power it on.

I wouldn't touch it until you've allowed it to dry out for a bit.
    Sorry this happened to you!

First, TAKE IT OUT OF THE WATER!!!

Next, refer to this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=51457

Good Luck!!
    may i ask how you dropped it into the water? let me guess? toilet?
  5.    #5  
    Close...urinal. My wife just cannot understand.
    that's just disgusting. you dropped your treo in a puddle of ****?
    That's how my Palm Vx went by the wayside. You'd think I'd have learned a lesson, but I put my T600 at risk daily.
    **** contamination is not good.

Do the following IMMEDIATELY, certainly do not let the **** dry.

Before you do anything, turn off wireless mode (if possible; if not, at least turn off sound switch) and rinse thoroughly (dunk it) in rubbing alcohol diluted with a bit of distilled water. Shake out as much as possible, and repeat with new alcohol and more distilled water. Shake out. Let dry THROROUGHLY. Doing so may take days, less if put outside on warm days in shade. Then, and only then, try to turn on/activate.

Alcohol is a standard mild electronics solvent that nearly everything in your Treo has probably already been exposed to at one time or another during manufacturing. **** is conductive and corrosive. Moreover it stinks.

Good luck. Next time, make certain not to **** on your Treo.
    Last edited by TreoMountain; 06/19/2004 at 10:57 PM.
    A significant number of people have been pissed-off at their Treo's, but this appears to be the first instance of someone pissing ON their Treo.....
    **** is not the same as water! you dropped your treo in a solution of ammonia, carbon dioxide, salts, and other human waste. this is far different from water
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    may i ask how you dropped it into the water? let me guess? toilet?
    That happened to my first T180. I was walking into the bathroom as a phone call came in....I flipped the cover up with my thumb, in a one-handed move, and the treo did a 1 1/2 gainer into the toilet bowl. SIGH......I paid Handspring $96 for a replacement.

And I thought I was the only one who could do that. Of course I told Handspring I got caught in the rain.
    question: how did it fall into the urinal? you were taking a leak when it fell in?
    question: how did it fall into the urinal? you were taking a leak when it fell in?
    This seems to be a highly fascinating topic for you...?
    lol. i find it amusing how could anyone possibly drop it in a urinal?
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    In my Lexus I keep a cup of water and an empty cup for the Treo.

Surely enough, on a stressful day at the accountant, I dunked the Treo onto the water laden cup.

Fortunately the level was half full. And I put it antenna first...some water got into the memory card, but you know, it worked great anyway.

So I think its OK to submit the antenna and 1/4 inch of the body in water. Try it and tell me!
    lol. i find it amusing how could anyone possibly drop it in a urinal?

lol watch you say that now.. and like 2 weeks later you post the same thread lol..
    I hear that the delay with the Treo 610 is that they are trying to "toilet proof" it.

BTW, is rossoneri's avatar the scene from Office Space where they beat up the fax machine?
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I once dropped my Motorola alpha pager years ago in the toilet at a client. Fortunately it was before any "action" occurred. That thing was built like a tank and worked right away after a nice rinsing.

I have learned 2 things:

1) If you are gonna handle one of these gadgets in these conditions, keep it away from the bowl...
    2) Never borrow somebody elses cell phone
    Mark F Chinsky