Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Have any of you tried this? I have enabled the rule in Callfilter to forward all calls when the phone is in its cradle, so I can get all calls on my home phone. The bad part is when I take the phone off the cradle, the calls still seem to be forwarded.

I tried a similar thing for manually changing profiles and enabling the Phone Forward function. Same problem tho- when I switch AWAY from a profile that has call forwarding enabled, the phone still doesn't ring as the forwarding settings have not been disabled, apparently.

The odd thing about CallFilter and Profiles is that the forwarding icon NEVER shows on the phone screen, so it gets very confusing as to when the phone is forwarded and when its not!

The endgame here is to automate the phone behavior so that I get all calls on my home phone, but then disable the forwarding quickly when I head out...

I can go into phone and I have to manually forward calls to unforward them again because the phone is unaware that it is being forwarded by another piece of software...

Why can I forward, but not UNFORWARD?
    I am not sure about the call filter program and exactly what it does, as a matter of fact if you don't mind you could enlightne me about that program.

But, I do have a very simple answer to your problem. Under the call preferences screen, you have a choice to forward all calls. T-mobile calls this UNCONDITIONAL forwarding AND when you choose this type of forwarding it taps directly out of your monthly minutes.

On the call prefrences screen, right below the forward all calls selection, there is 3 choices to forward calls, when busy, when no answer, when off/no service. T-mobile calls this CONDITIONAL forwarding and gives you 500 free minutes a month before it starts to tap into you monthly minute usage.

So, it seems to me that your problem could be easily solved, and you could get an extra 500 minutes a month, if you just switched the "forward when off/no service" selection to your home number instead of your voicemail. THen when you go home, just turn wireless mode off, when you leave turn wireless mode on. Its that easy..... just as easy as taking the phone in and out of the cradle.
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    thanks pdx-- a lot of points to respond to here...

#1- What is callfilter? A: An awesome utility! Check out the palmgear page HERE CallFilter@Palmgear It is a CONDITIONAL caller-id based filtering program and mp3 ringtone manager.

#2 I know about the manual way to invoke call forwarding. Have been using that, but there are too many keystrokes for my tastes! I wanted the "Call Forward when Charging / In Cradle to automatically do this for me, so that I could recover those extra 2.3 seconds that I save using the automated procedure (LOL @ myself)...

#3 Sounds like TMobile has a nice plan to address forwarding and Sprint (my carrier) could learn a few things about their plan. Sprint just has a "Forward or Not" and the minutes are charged @ .10 if I'm not mistaken. My phone is through my company, and I think I can justify the expense- I am way too accessible with all of this forwarding and consolidation.

#4- Do you have the Profiles program? There are some kewl things it offers for changing ring prefererences- Check it out here Profiles Utility

I just want to put my phone on the charger and *WITHOUT PRESSING A BUTTON* the phone forwards to my home number.

I ALSO want the CALL FORWARDING to understand the difference between a Sync -n- charge cable (laptop on the road, do NOT forward calls) the Treo cradle (I'm @ home, forward to home number) and the car charger (accept all calls)---

Is that too much to ask? Can the Treo actually tell the difference between a USB cradle and a Sync N Charge cable? Do they have different ID's somehow?

That would be cool.
    Thanks, I will check out the program.

If you set up your phone as I have described, you will only have to go through those "extra key strokes" 1 time. Then, when you want to forward, just hit the power button to turn off wireless mode and your phone will forward. This will also solve your laptop/cradle problelm.

I understand what you mean about the extra key strokes, I hate it too, but if you set it up like I have described, there will be no extra key strokes, just turn you phone off.
    I use call filter every day on my T-Mobile with a forwarding rule. When the phone is in the cradle from 8-6pm it forwards to my office number. Works great. Unforwards fine. Unforwarding should take 15 seconds to complete.

Derek
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Sounds nice, pdx but Sprint doesn't offer that functionality- there are no extra forwarding options in my preferences
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    Sounds nice, pdx but Sprint doesn't offer that functionality- there are no extra forwarding options in my preferences

Ahh, that sucks man. I have 3 options, forward when no answer, forward when busy, and forward when off/no service. Then I also have the option of forwarding all calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    I was never able to get CallFilter to work right with Sprint forwarding. Did you ever figure anything out?
    Try FastForward - v1.1 just released today, works with Sprint.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...=&prodID=67127
    Tried it and it works I was hoping to get CallFilter to work because it's paid for already but FastForward seems to be the winner.
    Phildro, do you have the CallFilter 1.2 update they're talking about here? If so, would you share it with me????