Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have these two cases in mind. The Bellagio case or the Krusell case with the screen cut out version. I don't know which one to choose. I like the Bellagio because there's no plastic over the screen and keyboard, but it covers the phone over the screen. I like the Krusell because you can see the whole frontal view of the phone and the Treo looks much sexier in it, but I don't know if the plastic cover will affect the usability of the keyboard, nor do I know how if the screen cut out will make it deform weird and all that. If the keyboard and deforming is not an issue I'd choose the Krusell, otherwise I'd go for the Bellagio because it looks equally as good besides the fact it covers the top of the phone. Any advice? Thanks.

Donald
    Receiving my Treo 600 on Wednesday!
    I have the Krusell. Best form fitting case out IMO. I have the one with the plastic covering the entire front of the unit. No problem with the thumb board but kinda hard to use the stylus without pressing down hard on the screen. Good thing I don't use the stylus that much, so that's not too much of an issue.

By the way, welcome to the Treo600 family
    I would go with the Covertec case, which I think is the best out there (and I've through 4 different types, including OEM, Bellagio, Krusell, and another one whose name escaped me at the moment ).

The plastic over the keyboard and screen is nothing to worry about; it is very useable and protects them well.
    i would avoid all of those and get an innopocket metal case. i dropped my treo and the phone survived the impact because the case took the brunt of the damage. now i am a believer in metal cases
    Sat. evening, June 19, 2004. I have a/the Krusell. With mine, clear plastic just covers the keyboard. When I ordered I did not know there were different types. I have not had much problem thumbing keys through the plastic.

Seems to me that if the device is dropped in the case, the leather would be a better shock absorber than a metal case.

The Krusell came with zero instructions. I almost did not see the clip part in the envelope. It took me a while to figure out how to snap the clip together and figure out how to attach it to belt. The case attaches fairly securely to the belt attachment and detaches with a thumb press on the belt part.

I rarely remove the phone from the case when I unsnap it. I just talk and use the device with the leather flap opened. The leather flap has two slots for extra SD chips.

The case has a slot at the bottom so the charger/hotsync cord can be inserted without removing the device from the case.

I have not done live comparisons with other products, so can only comment here about the Krusell.

Speaking of the stylus, I finally figured out that you must recalibrate the stylus every once in a while. I got really irritated when the stylus would not initiate the command when touching the desired place. Was a relief to figure that out.
    forget a case go eGrips and Boxwave sccreen protector. All cases are too flamboyant.
    The Toad
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I will throw my vote in for the Bellagio case. I purchased it as my first case for my Treo specifically because it did not cover the screen or the keyboard. I only have one complaint. If you are using a SD card in the Treo and the Treo has slid up in the case at all, snapping the cover over the top of the case will eject the SD card. Other than that I really like my case. I use the belt clip version.

Paul
    Well, I have the Covertec horizontal. It's important to me to be able to wear the thing on my belt COMFORTABLY. I've found no other case that I could realistically describe as comfortable on my belt. Heavens, I've personally found none of the clicking plastic swivel belt clips comfortable, regardless of what phone or PDA they are "securing". Sure, the Treo is naked when taken out to use it. But, I figure if I'm not careful with the thing in my hands, then woe onto me.
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...id=6&fp=0&st=1

This is the by far the best vertical type case out there.

As far as overall cases. in my opinion the standard side case by Handspring (available for <10 bucks on Ebay) is by the most professional and inconspicous case out there.

BTW...I have tried Bellagio.... TOO DAMN THICK!!

Also, any case you get is realy dependant on your NERD THRESHOLD.... the Aluminum case.... the Bellagio.....are pretty high on the GEEK METER.

Like I said, the simple side case is the lowest on this meter....
    I have detailed files.
    I have sold Bellagio and Krusell products for a while and I think that the Bellagio case rules. It is VERY WELL engineered with quality leather. What's more important is that they stand behind their product.

Don't get me wrong, I think Krusells are excellent cases. However, for the price the Bellagio is the best case. I use it for my Treo.
    Have you heard Marillion's Marbles? www.Marillion.com

PalmPilot, Palm 512K, Palm V, Sony Clie N760C, Sony Clie NX-70V, Treo 600, Sony Ericsson P900, BlackBerry 7100t, Siemens SX1, Nokia 7710, Siemens SK65, Treo 650... Currently, Treo 700P.

Yes, I have a problem and I am trying to get help.
    Quote Originally Posted by toadmanor
    forget a case go eGrips and Boxwave sccreen protector. All cases are too flamboyant.
    boxwave screen protector will not protect your screen from cracks, shocks or anything of that nature. it is meant to protect against light scratches!
    Quote Originally Posted by AusTexTreo600
    Sat. evening, June 19, 2004. I have a/the Krusell. With mine, clear plastic just covers the keyboard. When I ordered I did not know there were different types. I have not had much problem thumbing keys through the plastic.

Seems to me that if the device is dropped in the case, the leather would be a better shock absorber than a metal case.
    sorry, have to disagree. i dropped it in the metal case. The case has a neoprene lining. also, i dropped the unit and the edge of the case took the brunt. without the case, my camera would have been toast. as for the leather case, unless it has good padding inside, it will not be a better shock absorber than a metal + neoprene combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treominator
    http://search.stores.ebay.com/search...id=6&fp=0&st=1

As far as overall cases. in my opinion the standard side case by Handspring (available for <10 bucks on Ebay) is by the most professional and inconspicous case out there.

BTW...I have tried Bellagio.... TOO DAMN THICK!!

Also, any case you get is realy dependant on your NERD THRESHOLD.... the Aluminum case.... the Bellagio.....are pretty high on the GEEK METER.

Like I said, the simple side case is the lowest on this meter....
    hahaa. nerd threshold. the metal case does grab attention. it looks amazing. as for your simple ebay case - why bother getting it? it offers no protection and looks like the treo is wearing a bra or suspenders what is the point of this case?
    Well, it seems the only thing you can do is try the different case for yourself and make a choice because this debate can and has gone on forever. Only problem is you'll end up spending a ton of money before you find one that suits you and your style. No one can really tell you the best anything... It's a matter of personal preference .
    Dare I suggest a Vaja? Cost me a pretty penny but I love it. Sleek, custom color - mine is a fabulous red - and a perfect fit. Worth every cent.
  16.    #16  
    The Vajas look nice but damn that's 18-25% of my paycheque!
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    hahaa. nerd threshold. the metal case does grab attention. it looks amazing. as for your simple ebay case - why bother getting it? it offers no protection and looks like the treo is wearing a bra or suspenders what is the point of this case?
    You might want to try that ebay case first. It offers quite a lot of protection and actually looks professional. Please don't be mad at me for only spending 1/3500th of your purchase price for a high quslity case. I am just the messenger. Also, I am not a hard core geek so I try to shy away from things that swivel, flap, or swing 4 inches from my belt.... or reflect light from a mile away....
    I have detailed files.
    You might want to try that ebay case first. It offers quite a lot of protection and actually looks professional. Please don't be mad at me for only spending 1/3500th of your purchase price for a high quslity case. I am just the messenger. Also, I am not a hard core geek so I try to shy away from things that swivel, flap, or swing 4 inches from my belt.... or reflect light from a mile away....
    I am not mad at you. I don't know where you got that idea. however, for 49 cents, i admit that is a good case, because i wouldn't pay more than a dollar for a few strands of faux-leather stitched together I bought my metal case on ebay for pretty good price btw.

And i am not a hard core geek either. I abhor the belt clip generation among geeks. As i said in another post - unless you're batman, stay away from belt clips! the metal case does the job. I am just speaking from experience. I know that the fall my phone took would have been enough to kill the treo. But the metal case left it without a scratch. I am not sure how your 49 cent case would have done it's part in protecting the phone in such a case. have you ever dropped the phone while in the case? if so, what were the results?

Also can you please take a photograph of your phone in the case and post a link? I would like to take a look.
    Last edited by rossoneri; 06/20/2004 at 11:09 AM.
  19.    #19  
    Your case doesn't ship to Canada tho, besides I'm not too fond of the clear panel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphra Behn
    Dare I suggest a Vaja? Cost me a pretty penny but I love it. Sleek, custom color - mine is a fabulous red - and a perfect fit. Worth every cent.
    those things leave the screen unprotected. and are too expensive.

if you are not into the metal case, also consider the covertec case. they seem pretty good. also, if you do a search in this forum ,you'll find other postings on cases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast