Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphra Behn
    Dare I suggest a Vaja? Cost me a pretty penny but I love it. Sleek, custom color - mine is a fabulous red - and a perfect fit. Worth every cent.
    Actually I really like the Vajas! Costs a lot but I think it might just be worth it...

Donald
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Nguyen
    Your case doesn't ship to Canada tho, besides I'm not too fond of the clear panel.
    that is the generic palmone case. you can get it at palmone's website or future shop, in canada.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...d=&newdeptid=2

however, they charge $60 for it! at that price, you could easily get a good bellagio, krussel, covertec or the innopocket case.

here is a quote of mine from a previous thread:

http://portal.treobits.com/forums/i...pic=103&hl=case

Here's a post with a list of cases available for the treo 600. excellent link.

Here's a link to the Slipper case without clip
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3200

and the Slipper case with clip
    http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3201

BTW, Slipper cases are made by EB Cases

http://www.ebcases.com/catalog/SPT600_all.jpg shows a little thingy that sticks out at the back though

also check
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthr...threadid=348127
    Last edited by rossoneri; 06/20/2004 at 11:15 AM.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    those things leave the screen unprotected. and are too expensive.
    Actually the reason why I would get the Bellagio or Vaja is because there's no cover over the screen. I want to protect my Treo but not at the sacrifice of the usability of device. There are screen protectors available and I doubt I would put the Treo 600 in my pocket and sit on it. Expensive, very, I can get three other cases for the price of this... but it's just sooo cool. I want the orange one!
    Actually the reason why I would get the Bellagio or Vaja is because there's no cover over the screen. I want to protect my Treo but not at the sacrifice of the usability of device. There are screen protectors available and I doubt I would put the Treo 600 in my pocket and sit on it. Expensive, very, I can get three other cases for the price of this... but it's just sooo cool. I want the orange one!
    the plastic over the case does not make it less usable. the treo600 does not rely much on the stylus in the first place. secondly, even if you need to use the stylus, the plastic will not affect usability.
    It boils down to this, if you are a clutz (like me), work in a engineering environment, drop your phone a lot, the more padding the better, I have the innopocket metal case, have dropped my phone 5 times now, once from a not unspectacular 7 feet, not a scratch on it.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by BritOverseas
    It boils down to this, if you are a clutz (like me), work in a engineering environment, drop your phone a lot, the more padding the better, I have the innopocket metal case, have dropped my phone 5 times now, once from a not unspectacular 7 feet, not a scratch on it.
    I hate to admit but

1. I am a clutz.
    2. I work in an engineering firm.
    3. My current Nokia 6310i sees a drop per month onto the ground. My PalmOne Tungsten T saw a few dozen since I saw it last year.

I am getting this Treo as a replacement to both, partially because my Tungsten T's audio port is not working properly anymore (gotta apply the right amount of pressure into it) and because of the infamous digitizer problem on it. The metal case is overkill to me IMO, but any protection is better than no protection, so I think the Vaja i-volution is the most attractive one to me so far, hella expansive but looks sweet. I noticed that when phones fall down, it either hits the bottom or the front face. I do realize that no leather case will protect the antenna...
    I have been tremendously pleased with the Piel Frama flip case. Excellent workmanship, and very similar in design to both the Bellagio and Vaja. It provides great protection, but does not involve plastic over the screen. For what it's worth, I found that the plastic on the Covertec case greatly diminished the usability of the device.
  8.    #28  
    Oh no, no flip cases for me. My requirements are:

1. Ability to show off the Treo to the rest of the world.
    2. Ability to use the device without roadblocks, including plastic covers and flip thingies.
    3. Looks good.
    4. Decent protection to the device.

So in that perspective, I decided to go for the BMW of all Treo cases, the Vaja i-Volution.

Besides they sell it at the PalmOne store ($175 CAD personalized w/ Ultra Clip) and I have a enough Palm Bucks for a $42 gift certificate =D.

Donald
    Oh no, no flip cases for me. My requirements are:

1. Ability to show off the Treo to the rest of the world.
    nobody cares what phone you have

2. Ability to use the device without roadblocks, including plastic covers and flip thingies.
    forget innopocket metal case then. yah it will save your expensive phone if you are a clutz but then again, u'll have roadblocks. life is about trade-offs
    3. Looks good.
    innopocket looks amazing. bellagio looks good. krussel looks like old 1990's nokia phone cases - ugly.

4. Decent protection to the device.
    for industrial strength protection - go with innopocket.
    for decent go with covertec (covers screen)
    for faux-protection, go with the palmone case

So in that perspective, I decided to go for the BMW of all Treo cases, the Vaja i-Volution.
    i guess you didn't see the pic of the treo 600 with the cracked screen while it was in the i-volution huh? look around this forum, you'll find it.

innopocket review: http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/346-1.htm
    Last edited by rossoneri; 06/20/2004 at 10:41 PM.
  10.    #30  
    nobody cares what phone you have
    Eh, I like showing things off anyway.

Hm quoting about the innopocket, doesn't it look weird to hold a huge aluminium case to your head??

i guess you didn't see the pic of the treo 600 with the cracked screen while it was in the i-volution huh? look around this forum, you'll find it.
    Stuff happens. But so far I have not lost or broken a single electronic device in the past two years, even though I am a cmplete and utter clutz... and to be honest, yes accidents are accidents but they can be prevented. These are two cases out of how many Treo owners in treocentral.com? Let's say 7145 owners (based on 25% of 28,586 members)If I'm in a high risk situation, I'll just turn key lock on and put it in my bag or pocket. If it follows the same route as my Tungsten T, it'll live long after I desire and purchase a new model, and yes my Tungsten T has had more than its fair share of drops.

Besides, few things I'm wonderring about the Innopocket case.

1. Ability to use foldable keyboard with it (Treo keyboard, PalmOne Wireless keyboard).
    2. Ability to mount it in vehicle cell phone holders.

The only things that point me towards getting the Innopocket case...
    -I'll probably use a headset all the time anyway.
    -Best protection... unless it goes down antenna first.

Reasons why not...
    -Unable to show it off to the world.
    -Have to open case up to see who's calling.

In the end I would've like a cut out for the screen area anyway so I always have touch access to the screen area... but then I run the risk of damaging the screen anyway.

Life's full of risks, I'll just get insurance for my phone if I manage to find one and all should be ok.
    just remember, the more you show off to people about your phone, the harder they laugh when you drop it and break it also, the more people you show it off to, the more people laugh at you when a mishap occurs. and the higher the chances of someone stealing your phone too
    Nutshell is the best cell phone and/or pda case I've ever used.
    nutshell is really ugly though so is the Ripoffs case.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12