Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I just my Mapopolis setup from Semsons and for some reason, my voice prompts don't seem to work. I've loaded the two Pspeak files and the Mapopolis words file, but no voice prompts happen automatically on my Treo. I can input my beginning and ending locations, and the GPS is on, but the Treo remains quiet. If I tap on the box with the street name, it saids "right turn on xxxx street", but it won't do the "turn right at next block" voice prompts automatically as I drive. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks.
    dlai,

Make sure you put either the 2 Pspeak files (Pspeak.pdb & Pspeak.prc) OR the MapopolisWords.pdb, NOT both. Pspeak allows Mapopolis to speak the directions as they are read from your GPS (it sounds more mechanical and robot-like but speaks all the words). Mapopolis Words will allow only the pre-set words so they sound better and clearer. I personally use the Mapopolis Words because they speak only the important comments and more lifelike. Hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I deleted the Pspeak files and will give it a try in the morning. Thanks for the answer, I think it will work now!