Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1.    #1  
    I have had a treo 600 with att since December. I have been paying $5.00 per month for lockline since I travel internationally frequently and wanted to ensure protection. In a recent conversation with attwireless warranty service I was told that lockline does not cover treos as they are too expensive to replace. (Typical insurance logic). So I have been paying for nothing? (they promised to refund my $---but what I really want is a secure plan.) Have others heard this? Does anyone know of a nonaligned insurance plan?

  2. #2  
    I believe I have read in the forum about some people that have had the phone replaced by lockline. Mine is insured with them.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  3. #3  
    Lockline does replace the Treo for Sprint, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't do so for AT&T.
  4. #4  
    FWIW, Cingular uses LockLine and they do NOT cover Treos.
  5. #5  
    Well, looks like one more reason to have a Treo on Sprint.

    LockLine most assuredly does cover Treo 600s through Sprint.



    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, Cingular uses LockLine and they do NOT cover Treos.
  6. #6  
    i have insurance with tmobile though asurian (i dunno how to spell it) they told me they cover the treo $60 dollars to replace it within 60 days and 35 after that. lemme ask this question here.. i here people at work "misplacing their phones" and getting a police report saying they lost it and then they sell their phone after getting a new one. Does this work? not saying i want to do it, just wanted to know if these guys are full of bs. Doesnt the IMEI number get flagged in every gsm carrier? I dont know much on the subject since im not a con, but wanted to know if people are getting treos for free and cashing in on them.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ramtaajogi
    Doesnt the IMEI number get flagged in every gsm carrier?
    Yes, GMS providers have a record of which phone is used on every outgoing call.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  8. #8  
    yea i know they have a record of every IMEI for every call, but will it show up in Cingulars system that this guy is using a insurance fraud phone from another network?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    FWIW, Cingular uses LockLine and they do NOT cover Treos.
    jposin I just signed up for insurance with my Treo 600 with Cingular and they said the Treo is covered.
  10. #10  
    I worked at a computer store, left there 30 days ago. I was an authorized, trained Cingular agent.

    Lockline's Cingular department does NOT cover PDA phones. The cingular agent selling you the phone at the store will happily sign you up for the service to get their commission for that insurance sale, but lockline will not cover it. I have made posts about this on a few occasions, might have been blown away in the crash here - but if you go back to Cingular and ask for the Lock\line insurance brochure and call the 800 number listed on the back page, it says in the recording even before you get to a human that lockline will not cover PDA phones like handspring's and another example that I never had seen before.

    If I am wrong, then lockline or cingular has made this change within only the last few weeks.

    Some people in the threads I was telling you about have gone to their insurance agent and bought seperate policies or riders on existing policies to insure their laptops and treos. I think the price quoted was in the 40-50$/year range.

    I have not looked into it, just mentioning what was said by posters before.

    -WC-

    PS: Not sure it's relevant, but incase it is, I worked a Cingular agent store in Great Lakes Region: Milwaukee, WI market.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    I worked at a computer store, left there 30 days ago. I was an authorized, trained Cingular agent.

    Lockline's Cingular department does NOT cover PDA phones. The cingular agent selling you the phone at the store will happily sign you up for the service to get their commission for that insurance sale, but lockline will not cover it. I have made posts about this on a few occasions, might have been blown away in the crash here - but if you go back to Cingular and ask for the Lock\line insurance brochure and call the 800 number listed on the back page, it says in the recording even before you get to a human that lockline will not cover PDA phones like handspring's and another example that I never had seen before.

    If I am wrong, then lockline or cingular has made this change within only the last few weeks.

    Some people in the threads I was telling you about have gone to their insurance agent and bought seperate policies or riders on existing policies to insure their laptops and treos. I think the price quoted was in the 40-50$/year range.

    I have not looked into it, just mentioning what was said by posters before.

    -WC-

    PS: Not sure it's relevant, but incase it is, I worked a Cingular agent store in Great Lakes Region: Milwaukee, WI market.
    Thanks for the response WC. I just signed up for the insurance yesterday and specifically asked Cingular if the Treo 600 was icovered and they said yes, so I don't know what to think now.
  12. #12  
    I think you were had...

    go to:

    https://www.lockline.com/tf/LLCORP?t...=LEARNWIRELESS

    and log in under Cingular.

    Also, call (888)562-8662, and listen to the spiel on the Cingular LockLine coverage. They specifically exclude PDA devices.
  13. #13  
    I have an insurance policy from State Farm which costs about $20/year. Give your homeowner's insurance agent a call. You will save a lot of money.

    Just my $.02

    Paul
  14. #14  
    Jposin: Thanks for the specific info. I knew it was out there, just didn't have access to that brochure anymore. Can't get any better info from the horse's mouth than that message they have on that VM.

    Pokada: Someone had said that putting a rider on homeowner's insurance for a Treo or Laptop is dangerous, given that if you claim a couple of times, your insurer might up the insurance rate for your homeowner's insurance.

    -WC-
  15. #15  
    Chris900: btw, cancel your insurance. You'll never be able to claim on it, might as well save yourself the $4/mo.
  16. #16  
    Thanks for your help Wildcard and jposin. I called Cingular today and cancelled my insurance. Is there any other insurance out there I could possibly get?
  17. #17  
  18. #18  
    I just spoke to the Lockline, they do NOT cover PDA type "higher end" phones. I am now on the phone with AT&T to find out why they stated it was and to get the charges reversed.

Posting Permissions