received: From
    scmail4.mail.com
    ([192.168.55.33) by
    mta005.verizon.net (intermail
    VM.5.33.336
    etc
    etc
    etc

this drive me sooooooo nuts. is there a way to get rid of this. everytime you read an email you get all the rubbish, and I know its so useless unless u some type of admin or something.
    I second that request.. how??
    I am so with you. What is with all that stuff? Why am I looking at it? There oughta be a way to make it go away. Anyone?
    This is called HEADER information. You can get rid of it. Open a message. In the upper right hand corner of the message you will see three little boxes to the left of the signal meter. One box has 2 lines, one has 3 lines and 1 has 4 lines in it. Select the left-most box (2 lines). Click done. This should remain the default view for all mails.

HTH,
    Joe
    What you are looking at is the email message header info. I assume that you want to see *some* of the header as it contains:

To: (recipient name/email)
    CC: (any carbon copies)
    Subject: (the subject)

Those are the most useful ones, but sometimes "Return-Path" is useful as well. Others like "Message-Id", "Content-Type", "Content-Transfer-Encoding", "Mime-Version", "X-Mailer", etc. are useful only for debugging or for the application to determine how to display the message. I don't use Snapper, but most mail applications have a way to show/hide the header info.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    This is called HEADER information. You can get rid of it. Open a message. In the upper right hand corner of the message you will see three little boxes to the left of the signal meter. One box has 2 lines, one has 3 lines and 1 has 4 lines in it. Select the left-most box (2 lines). Click done. This should remain the default view for all mails.

HTH,
    Joe

That was easy enough, can't beleive i missed that sh*t. Thanks man.
    i hope i do not have to start another thread on this, and somone among you can just anwer this GIBBERISH/SPAM related question here...

...how can i fetch my mail WITHOUT all new SPAM messages ?

i got this automatic SPAM filter on yahoo, so meaningless mails go out of my main mail box and i get to read REAL mails only...
    ...now, when i fetch my account with snapper, all those SPAM mails ARE NOT filtered out !!!

...is there any setting that would access my main folder only, or other tricks to achieve the same result ?

THX
    Last edited by koros; 06/18/2004 at 09:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    i hope i do not have to start another thread on this, and somone among you can just anwer this GIBBERISH/SPAM related question here...

...how can i fetch my mail WITHOUT all new SPAM messages ?

i got this automatic SPAM filter on yahoo, so meaningless mails go out of my main mail box and i get to read REAL mails only...
    ...now, when i fetch my account with snapper, all those SPAM mails ARE NOT filtered out !!!

...is there any setting that would access my main folder only, or other tricks to achieve the same result ?

THX

In your yahoo plus mail settings you have to unselect download bulk mail items.

It's under the "POP Access and Forwarding" page.

hope that helps
    Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by koros
    or other tricks to achieve the same result ?
    I know you already have your answer, but since you asked for alternatives...check out http://www.death2spam.net

-Joe
    thanks for the tip guys, will check them out ASAP !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo

HTH,
    Joe
    Thanks, Joe, that's great! I must have changed this setting a month ago, and I've been wondering what happened. I finally got around to looking it up here at TC, and your post was exactly what I needed.

Thanks,

Tom
    Glad it helped!

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein