Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I really want to buy a web browser, but after looking at the previous threads there is no answer. Webviewer or WebPro? I'm lost, but don't want to buy the wrong thing. I can't even find Webpro 3.5.2 and I have used Webviewer, which was really fast, but if Webpro is just as fast with better graphics then it will be a no brainer for me.
    Where can I download webpro anyway?
    I purchased Palm Web Pro (v3.0.1.c) after looking at Webviewer. Yes it's more expensive but I think it renders pages much better and just as fast. I also didn't care for the Java JVM requirement of Webviewer. You can find Palm Web Pro here http://software.palmone.com/Platform...Id=0&catalog=1

...David
    I haven't tried Webviewer - I too shied away from all the JVM craziness...

I purchased WebPro 3.0.1c because it renders Outlook Web Access MUCH better than Blazer, such that it's actually pretty usable. It's much quicker than Blazer as well.

I've seen references to WebPro 3.5x here on these boards - I'm not sure if it's a hack or cracked version or what, but I haven't seen that version officially supported out there. If it is I'll happily upgrade!
    I'm a very happy WevViewer user... I used WebPro for a while, but had a hard time with the way graphics were displayed.
    Bump.

Do we have a comprehensive list in any thread of all the browsers that actually work for the Treo 600?
    reqwireless. fastest and renders graphics just fine. you might still use blazer to download from the internet, but speedwise, i think reqwireless has the top spot.
    doing the dsl speed test with both, here were the results:
    blazer- 70 -114 kbits/ sec

reqwireless webviewer - 174 - 196 kbits / sec!!! more than double the speed!
    How do the Web Browers differ from the Treo default Web browser? I am using Sprint and have access the web via the web app that came with the phone. Are there significant benefits to be had with these other browsers or is it a lot faster?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    How do the Web Browers differ from the Treo default Web browser? I am using Sprint and have access the web via the web app that came with the phone. Are there significant benefits to be had with these other browsers or is it a lot faster?

Thanks
    much faster. give reqwireless a try. you can also make more favorites or bookmarks within reqwireless than blazer. you can place those bookmarks into folders if you want also, which is really awesome. so you can have favorites within a favorite! very cool! but the speed of reqwireless blows blazer from the water.
    I use Web Pro. Realize that Palm refuses to provide support for it. It cannot be set as my default browser nor can it be launched from a link in Snapper Mail which severely limits its use. It is much faster than Blazer because it will begin displaying text pretty quickly. For $35, it's pretty pricey given that it is buggy and comes with no support.
    I downloaded the Reqwireless WebViewer and the necessary J9JavaVMMidpNG.pfc (purchased WebSphere Micro Environment MIDP 2.0 from palmOne Software Connection). When I try to open either, it causes a soft reset. Did I do something wrong?
    J9JavaVMMidpNG.pfc is pree as long as you have a treo.
    So does anyone have any idea how I can test this "better" Web Viewer when every time I try to launch it, it crashes the Treo?
    Web Pro either crashed or hung my Treo - and I was NOT impressed with the speed. It did not seem ANY faster than Blazer. I would not pay for it. I was VERY impressed with Reqwireless WebViewer's speed but it did not support javascript so I ended up having to use Blazer for a lot of the web pages I go to. That made it not worth paying for. On top of it, the JM took up WAYYYYYY too much space. So in the end, I'm back with Blazer.
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I'm quite satisfied with Blazer. I've used WebPro & Reqwireless and though they worked just fine on my Treo I didn't really see any added benefits.
    Truth is good, knowledge is power and it's the second mouse who gets the cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by robguz24
    ...nor can it be launched from a link in Snapper Mail...
    Not true for me...go into snappermail, preferences, and set "browse links with WebProV". Every time I click a link in snappermail, it takes me straight into web pro.

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    I would second ivyrose's comments. Reqwireless doesn't allow you to paste in a URL from another application. Web Palm Pro crashed on me to many times.

Even though Blazer is slow, it has the best user interface of them all. For a 'better browser experience', I'd rather wait for 3G and future Treos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpack
    I would second ivyrose's comments. Reqwireless doesn't allow you to paste in a URL from another application. Web Palm Pro crashed on me to many times.

Even though Blazer is slow, it has the best user interface of them all. For a 'better browser experience', I'd rather wait for 3G and future Treos.
    True about reqwireless...the copy and paste functions are non-existant...really dumb of the developer.

WebPro only crashes because of a conflict with certain programs...check your errors/crash log (or use a logging program)

Blazer just plain old sucks donkey ****.
    Can someone post a link to the version of Reqwireless I'm supposed to download onto the Treo 600. I'm a bit confused with the options and want to make sure I put the right thing on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjmoose
    True about reqwireless...the copy and paste functions are non-existant...really dumb of the developer.

WebPro only crashes because of a conflict with certain programs...check your errors/crash log (or use a logging program)

Blazer just plain old sucks donkey ****.
    i agree moose. if only webpro were d-pad friendly, we'd be set.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    Xiino rocks! It is the fastest yet, and without having to load up any java stuff. I got it at www.mobirus.com. Unfortunately it doesn't yet have nav button support, a dedicated back button, and url address is a 2 step process. Even with those three negatives, it's still my top choice. Just had to get used to using a stylus again. (a small price to pay to see my web pages loaded in a flash).
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast