Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OK, with a Reqwireless program that will NOT launch & crashes the Treo EVERYTIME and all this conversation about the negatives of each of these programs, are these others (Blazer, Web Pro and Xiino) better than the browser that comes already loaded on the Treo with Sprint service? Why would I want to put up these problems if I have a browser that gets me there now and at least doesn't crash the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by rucksdashel
    OK, with a Reqwireless program that will NOT launch & crashes the Treo EVERYTIME and all this conversation about the negatives of each of these programs, are these others (Blazer, Web Pro and Xiino) better than the browser that comes already loaded on the Treo with Sprint service? Why would I want to put up these problems if I have a browser that gets me there now and at least doesn't crash the system?
    Blazer is the browser that comes with the Treo.
    Ryan
    I have been using WebViewer for a while now and it certainly doesn't crash my T600. Have you sent a support request to reqwireless to see if they can help you? I know there's a couple of versions of the java runtime and maybe you have an old version installed. I think you'll find there are manyu people on this board that run WebViewer and find it to be a good application. The default browser is very, very slow and I always use it with image download turned off. In about the same time it takes Blazer to download without images Webviewer can download with images. Turning on image download makes the web much more usable.
    Is there a difference between the Treo supplied Blazer and the Blazer app sold separately? I have the Blazer browser I bought for the 7135 and am wondering if it is worth installing it on the Treo.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Blazer's fast as crap on Sprint. I use it constantly. Images turned ON.
    I just checked out the new (and improved?) WebPro browser, since it has some 5-way nav support. But, once again, I was disappointed to see that it pretty much ignores the cookies (assuming it even creates one). If I can't tap on a URL in an e-mail and be taken to a site, cookied, then WebPro is useless for me. Anybody having more luck with the cookies??
    Robert
    Please visit my moblog, Robert-O-Rama
    Quote Originally Posted by skidoo
    Blazer's fast as crap on Sprint. I use it constantly. Images turned ON.

If you think Blazer is fast, you need to try webviewer...it smokes!!!
    When i try to open any page with webviewer, i get "Unexpected server response: 411 Length Required; null" =\ i installed the required java apps first (http://www.palmone.com/us/support/jvm/), then installed webviewer (http://www.reqwireless.com/WebViewer.../WebViewer.prc).
    Last edited by treolady; 07/21/2004 at 12:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    When i try to open any page with webviewer, i get "Unexpected server response: 411 Length Required; null" =\ i installed the required java apps first, then installed webviewer...
    Delete EVERYTHING, use "filez" to cleanup the leftover files amd re-install webviewer first and the java app second...I think.

The reqwireless website provides pretty detailed tech support relating directly to the treo 600 and installation issues with the java app.

Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    there are several java files in FileZ. i'm afraid i might delete something i don't need to...
    Quote Originally Posted by treolady
    there are several java files in FileZ. i'm afraid i might delete something i don't need to...
    if it has java or j9 in it, delete it...and if it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face...words to live by
    right away sir!

edit:
    still no go. i deleted EVERYTHING webviewer & java. installed WV first, then the java apps. i still get that error message. maybe i don't have the right java apps...? was the download link that i posted above the correct one?

edit again:
    it works. i changed the port from 80 to 8080. hmph!! then just as i was enjoying the faster browsing experience, i get hit with:
    "Error. This trial version enforces a limited number of accesses per day, and you have exceeded the daily limit. Pay up damnit!"
    Well, in so many words. Blah.
    Last edited by treolady; 07/21/2004 at 01:42 PM.
    Ive been trying to get WebViewer to work on mine. Downloaded and installed IBM websphere for Java

When I try to go to a website using "webviewer"
    I get this error message

"unexpected server response: 411 lengty required; null

I use sprint

Any help? Thank you in advance!
    just had that prob. go to settings. hit menu - advanced. change port setting to 8080. worked for me. and then i bought the darned thing. woootie.
    me too....thank, there goes another 30 bucks....
    are there any good java programs i can use for webviewers demo, I dont want to have to buy the ibm one just for the demo for webviewer. so any free or demoed ones would be great thanks.
    Webviewer is totally amazing!!! Its so fast I'm sitting here surfing the web at my desk on my T600 while my desktop with a cable modem is just sitting here....Its worth the money....just do it!
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    Webviewer is totally amazing!!! Its so fast I'm sitting here surfing the web at my desk on my T600 while my desktop with a cable modem is just sitting here....Its worth the money....just do it!
    Webviewer IS unbelievably fast...it does have a few minor annoyances:

1. Always having to confirm that you give permission to access the network

2. You can't cut, copy, and paste!!!!!!

Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    weird. i can load other people's textamerica sites but not my own. why is that?
    How do you get the JVM for free? When I go to the palmone site and step through the registration process I'm told I don't have a Tungston and therefore don't qualify for a free copy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast