Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Forget buying a new case. Mod the one that came with your Treo600 for free! Happy to give you instructions and material. Hint: elmers, electrical tape, razorblade.
    PS. Ok to laugh at it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bet you were the pride of your kindergarten class. All kidding aside if it works for you what the h--l.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm 505 -> Palm Vii-> Ipaq 3670 -> Nokia 6800 ->Treo 600 -> Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
    Service Attws
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Where do I place my order?
    Haven't laughed that hard in a long time! Still Laughing!!!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    Sure hope you dont make your own clothes.
    “There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.”
    — Ed Howdershelt
    "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have."- Thomas Jefferson
    That's a really good idea! The execution is poor. But still a good idea!
    sorry but er.. you just made your $600 phone look like you bought it at a flea market. what a hack job :P
    I DID buy mine at the world's largest flea market - EBAY
    I have detailed files.
    Some people shouldn't be allowed to own Treos.
    Somebody needs to learn how to use a sewing machine...
    i don't think u can even call it "modded". you should change the subject line to "my destroyed treo case". also, you have poor signal strength

btw, has anyone taken up on your offer on instructions as to how to "mod" the case?
    I'm curious why you decided to turn the case around and use it upside down?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    I'm curious why you decided to turn the case around and use it upside down?
    I thought it protected the top a little more that way, and it gives me full access to mic, earplug and port. Hmm. I notice in this humid weather my tape is starting to loosen...
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by rossoneri
    i don't think u can even call it "modded". you should change the subject line to "my destroyed treo case". also, you have poor signal strength

btw, has anyone taken up on your offer on instructions as to how to "mod" the case?
    Not a one
    What material is the case made of?
    Have you tried to see if some heat seals the edges you cut so you don't need the tape?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Primate
    What material is the case made of?
    Have you tried to see if some heat seals the edges you cut so you don't need the tape?
    It is made up of several layers. Nylon or something on the outside, then foam, then cardboard. The heat is a good idea but my cut lines were so crooked that I used the tape to hide it.
    Looks like a poor peoples version of the EB slipper.

http://www.ebcases.com/Detail.bok?no=3200
    For what it's worth, I'd probably go with sarnford's mod case before recommending the EB Slipper. I had one and found the leather to be of low quality, the velcro to be a real hassle (and it began fraying immediately), and getting the phone in and out of the case was much too difficult. On top of that, it took forever for them to ship it, well longer than they indicated on their website. Go with sarnford instead -- or the Piel Frama case that I am absolutely delighted with.
    Better put a paper bag over that before you go out. No make that two bags
    I knew just by looking at the bar of reciption that you had a Sprint phone.

I tried to force myself not to look left and verify...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast