1.    #1  
    Why does my Pocket tunes (version 3) take so long to sync? I just bought a 256MB SD Card and I was trying to synch 64 MB of music to my Treo 600 - it;s has been synching/installing to my card for over 1hour - Does it normally take this long?
    Quote Originally Posted by mnormjr
    Why does my Pocket tunes (version 3) take so long to sync? I just bought a 256MB SD Card and I was trying to synch 64 MB of music to my Treo 600 - it;s has been synching/installing to my card for over 1hour - Does it normally take this long?
    This is covered in the documentation. It takes a LONG time to sync music. The faster approach is to get an SD Card reader (I frequently see them on sale/rebate for less than $10) and hook it to your computer. Extremely fast! Some people use and application (I think it's "Card Export" ??) that let's the computer think your palm is an external drive, and writes directly to the card in your palm as well.

Louis
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    It does not take me that long to sync my music. I will run a test in just a second. BRB
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Alright the results are in 67.7MB (70,993,930 bytes) took. Well who knows, everybody kept calling me. It took under 3 minutes to do 31.05MB though. So probably 6 or 7 minutes to do the whole thing.

Hope this helps.
    Lonzo
    When i first started using Pocket tunes it took 6-8 hours to transfer 100 megs of music to my 512 SD card so i got mad next day got reader takes a couple min now. never transfer anything to SD card from Hotsink if it is bigger than a meg or 2.
    with 3.0 you have the ability to use WMP to "sync" the files over. Has anyone tried this?

btw, i use cardexport to move the files over. works great.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Yes....
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    with 3.0 you have the ability to use WMP to "sync" the files over. Has anyone tried this?

btw, i use cardexport to move the files over. works great.
    Hey Felipe

When you use cardexport do you still need the card reader?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ****Code Orange.. A newbie is posting below, so take it light on me***********
    Ayana, If I may **** in on the thread, you dont need a card reader with CardExport. It actually turns the SD slot of your Treo into a SD card reader (in a sense). While connected to the host pc via USB, the card in your Treo shows up as a removable drive in "My Computer" which allows a quick drag and drop of your data. Hope that helped...
    Quote Originally Posted by ayana2004
    Hey Felipe

When you use cardexport do you still need the card reader?
    like the lion said, you dont need both.

the card reader is faster though. i still use card export.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.