1.    #1  
    All,

Contemplating firmware upgrade with a view to fix background noises when in call..... which is the best backup software to use (freeware would be a plus) to keep all my precious files? - It would only have to be a 'treo to PC' backup software as my SD card is not big enough to accomodate any 'treo to SD' backup.

Please reply with your successes
    Lufcmattylad
    The install process automagically backs up the handheld. What you need to do though is to make sure your settings are correct - make sure you the backup preferences to synchronize the files - date book, address, memo, et cetera. If you do not set it to synchronize the files, then the files on the desktop will be overwritten with the default entries and life will not be good.

For those of us who have no faith in bakcups, it is a good idea therefore to do a backup of the device before the update is done - and in this instance, set it to "device overwrites desktop" or whatever it says and then do the backup. After the backup has been completed, copy the above files to another folder.

The install process also restores your device, so nothing is lost - if you set it to synchronize the files.

I had no problems with the update - Sprint Treo 600.

Ben

------------

Quote Originally Posted by lufcmattylad
    All,

Contemplating firmware upgrade with a view to fix background noises when in call..... which is the best backup software to use (freeware would be a plus) to keep all my precious files? - It would only have to be a 'treo to PC' backup software as my SD card is not big enough to accomodate any 'treo to SD' backup.

Please reply with your successes
    Lufcmattylad
    If you have an SD card I recommend BackupMan.